X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help fixing a track link

i noticed a track link on my Tiger 1 was not completely on right. i enclosed a picture and it looks like the pin is in but not the track link. its only holding on buy part of the track. i think i have to knock out the pin and align the track link then put back in the pin. i think i can do this, but can someone help me out? is there anyway to do this without taking off the whole top of the tank?
    i wont mess with it until i get some instructions...
    Attached Files

You got it. I place a block of wood under mine so as to lift the tracks off the ground. I also used tuna or soup cans. Two or enough to not raise it too high and keep it stable. Find a small punch, a small nail or pin if you need to punch it out. Only a gentle tap to start removal. Notice one end of the track pin is burled. That is the way it secures within the track. Make sure that is fully inserted to lock it in place.

If you are only reinserting you can leave the tank on the flat surface. Line the track up and secure it in place on the sprocket. Make sure the track holes line up. Insert the pin. There should be no resistance. Gently tap the pin in to secure. If you need to , press down on the hull to compress the springs. This helps with insertion.

Comment

The track pins should only be removed in one direction. When removing pins from tracks, a rule of thumb is that the flush side of the track pin is the knurled side. You don't want to push the pin from that side. The other side is usually slightly recessed. That is the side you push the pin from. If you push the pin out a few mm and don't see the knurled part, you are pushing it the wrong way. If you don't have the right tools to remove the pins, a simple tack/push pin and a small tap of a hammer should push it out enough to get a needle nose pliers on it to pull it out.

Comment

Thank you tank. I completely missed adding that. Nice save!

Comment

Usually there are a few spare links and pins. in the accessory box that comes with a new tank.
          Just use one of the spare pins with a needle nose plier to push out the one in question. Easy dose it.
          CCC

Comment

Originally posted by robert1488 View Post
            i noticed a track link on my Tiger 1 was not completely on right. i enclosed a picture and it looks like the pin is in but not the track link. its only holding on buy part of the track. i think i have to knock out the pin and align the track link then put back in the pin. i think i can do this, but can someone help me out? is there anyway to do this without taking off the whole top of the tank?
            i wont mess with it until i get some instructions...
            I am so glad you have decided to "maintain" your tank, that is take it apart, fix things, learn how the parts work. It really is an enjoyable part of the hobby! As you become more familiar with your machine, you can decide if there are things to upgrade and feel comfortable making those changes. I've found the hardest area to work on is the gun & mantlet in the turret. it goes together like a 3D puzzle. Do it right, it comes apart and goes together easily. Guess wrong, and it's frustration!

The way these tanks are designed, you can take them down to almost the individual parts. Welcome to the addiction.
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
            X