Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings and NVA T-34/85 Question

Hello everyone!

My name is Hayden and I currently live in South Carolina. I've wanted an RC tank since I was a kid, and now that I'm an adult (with adult money) I'm going to finally dip my toe in the hobby.

I'm looking at one of the HL tanks as my starter. I think its a tie between the M4 and T-34/85.

If (when) I pick up the T-34, I am planning on using some decals and period photos to make it an East German T-34/85 like they would have used in the 1950s.

Does anyone know of anyone else that has done a T-34 in this style?

Beyond that, I have to say that I am super excited to start tank-ing. I remember looking at HL tanks over a decade ago, and it is remarkable how far they have come.

Welcome to the rabbit-hole. There are plenty T-34 tankers here. I sure your answer is coming. Enjoy Comrade!

Comment

Welcome to the hobby! I have a T34/85, but I'm planning on adding markings from the T34 movie. Love the tank itself, though. Haven't had any issues with it while doing in-house IR battling with my son.

Comment

Someone has done it as they have decals for it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/201344898951

T34 is a great tank to start with. The M4 can be a little finicky with track tension or it will throw tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
          Someone has done it as they have decals for it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/201344898951

T34 is a great tank to start with. The M4 can be a little finicky with track tension or it will throw tracks.
          Dragon Hobbies is a good seller to deal with, I recommend them. The Peddinghaus decals have great subjects. You'll have to cut them out yourself, and they can benefit from laying down a clear gloss coat beforehand, and using setting solution.
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Geez all this time I get the Peddinghaus decals from over the pond now I can get them here Very cool Bob thanks for the tip
            And Tank me for the link

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
              Geez all this time I get the Peddinghaus decals from over the pond now I can get them here Very cool Bob thanks for the tip
              And Tank me for the link
              No problem. I've ordered from that Dragon-Hobby Ebay store before and gotten my orders pretty quickly.

Comment

That's great to hear about the Peddinghaus decals!

I had my eye on them for this project and I'm glad others can rep them. Their website doesn't necessarily inspire confidence lol.

I was also curious about any features specific to the East German T-34. From photos published in the book "NVA T-34" it looks like some were fitted with a large metal box on the back of the turret and had additional fuel tanks on the rear engine deck.

See the photos here: https://www.tankograd.com/cms/websit...r-T-34-NVA.htm

​​​Maybe fuel tanks from later Soviet tanks could work as stand-ins?

Comment

I have an extra set of drums from the T72/T90/ZTZ-99A so I set them on the back of my T34/85 so you can see how they look:

Attached Files

Comment

Looks great! I don't have a T-34 but curios about the color. It looks authentic to me. Do you know what the RAL code is? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 761st View Post
                      Looks great! I don't have a T-34 but curios about the color. It looks authentic to me. Do you know what the RAL code is? Thanks
                      Soviet green is commonly referred to as "4BO"

Comment

Thanks zip

Comment

Originally posted by 761st View Post
                          Not sure what the RAL code is, but as Zipper said it is a version of 4BO. That being said I used "Mig-0019 4BO Russian Green" as the main color, but I personally think it's a little too yellow in real life. It has actually darkened with all the dirt though so it's looking better than right after it was sprayed.

Comment

"When" I get my hands on the T34, I'm going the route of Martin Kovac (IMO, the best Armor Modeler) by using MRP 4BO...problem is, europe is out of stock and cant find it in the US. The waiting game begins..I love this green...

My friends, tonight is a special treat because the Soviet 4BO Protective Green is one of the most enjoyable colors to paint and post-shade!Patreon: https://w...

Comment

After watching that video...I don't think mine is too yellow anymore... :)

Comment

Working...
                              X