X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franken Tank Problem (Torro KT)

Don't ask lol I don't have the foggiest clue as to why I did this. I purchased a lower and upper hull for a Torro King Tiger, and I also went out and purchased the IBU2 ultimate. When I was trying to marry everything together I ran into a problem. I wrote Torro Tanks and I am still waitng for a response. Here is the issue I have most of the wiring setup already except for two five port wires coming off the upper hull (turret) I can't seem to figure out what they are exactly for without taking apart the entire turret which I don't feel to comfortable doing especially with a brand I have had no exposure too. Myt limited experience is with Tamiya's and HL's mostly. The two five port's coming off the turret in this case I would reference it as wire 1 has the following colored wires colors (brown, yellow, blue, black and red). Wire 2 the second five port has (white, yellow, blue, black, red). I know when I was painting the upper hull I noticed this version had the recoiling barrel and a light (led) in the muzzle brake area. So I am assuming its an IR barrell from those signs. I did not see any BB unit in the turret. I have attached pictures of the wires to clarify what I am talking about. I also have the 7 port connector from the upper hull daughter board connected already to the IBU2 at the time of these pictures it wasn't connected yet nor were any of the gearboxes etc.
    The two five ports are the wires hanging to the right in the second picture (upper hull). I have no worldly idea what they are. Also another thing can anyone tell me what that wire is near the daughter board that has the shrink tubing over the end of it?

T Click image for larger version  Name:	0809221755.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.2 KB ID:	352520Click image for larger version  Name:	0809221755_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.5 KB ID:	352521

Not exactly for the KT but I have linked 2 of the manuals (Tiger & Leopard), pay attention to the section for IR turret, it will show how the wiring goes to the daughter board and then to the MFU. Hopefully you can trace the connection.

Torro/Taigen's wiring is fairly standardized across models. Good luck.

Comment

What sclui56 said.

Comment

This will help out a lot. I just don't know how those connections will translate into connecting to the IBU2 because the plugs are different. Which the board says it supports HL, Taigen, Tamiya, and Torro.

Comment

I took the IBU Ultimate manual and added a more in depth page on polarity. With this PDF, you will be able to wire any tank with the IBU board. As far as the 5 pin JST plug is concerned-I bought a JST plug kit from Amazon. Make your own. Using / Adding / Eliminating whatever features you want. The Plugs on the IBU are JST 2.54mm or JST-XHP. By making your own JST plugs of various sizes, your wiring will be much more simple & organized.
          Attached Files

Comment

Zipper. Nice addition to the library. Thanks

Comment

Good News, Torro was nice enough to send me a wiring diagram for the KT. It appears the one five port with the insulator is part of the IR system.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Torro KT Wiring Diagram.png Views:	0 Size:	336.6 KB ID:	352608
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. Diagram added to library.

Comment

Got everything working but now I ran into this problem where when the barrell recoil's it gets stuck.in the forward position. Took the turret apart and I can't seem to determine were it's getting hung up. I tried unloosing things and it was still the same hit or miss scenario. Every third shot the recoil would finally draw the barrell back into home position. Does anyone have a diagram on how the recoil gear should sit in the housing or anything like that?

Comment

I have had it trying to get this thing to work with the radio's I am using. All the parts are brand new and I am looking to sell the tank complete (motors -Taigen Black), IBU2 Ultimate, metal tracks and road wheels. Looking to let this aggravating POS go for $300, yes I know I am taking a big loss but all the time and aggravation I have spent on this thing I am seriously done with it. Btw the Lower and upper hulls are Torrow (metal and plastic) the lower hull has the adjustabe track suspension and torsion bars.

Comment

Sorry to see this happen, but unfortunately you jumped into the deep end without knowing how to swim. When I got back into RC tanks after like 20 years much had changed. I bought a ready to run tank and modded it from there to figure out all the different features. Trying to build a tank from parts that has never worked was the hardest way you could've chosen to do this. The complete build process to get you up and running is far too complicated for us to document here in a forum. I can't help with the IBU as I've never installed one.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilMP View Post
                        I have had it trying to get this thing to work with the radio's I am using. All the parts are brand new and I am looking to sell the tank complete (motors -Taigen Black), IBU2 Ultimate, metal tracks and road wheels. Looking to let this aggravating POS go for $300, yes I know I am taking a big loss but all the time and aggravation I have spent on this thing I am seriously done with it. Btw the Lower and upper hulls are Torrow (metal and plastic) the lower hull has the adjustabe track suspension and torsion bars.
                        lets talk

Comment

Just a heads up guys I am not looking to piece this tank out because Torro controller boards are virtually impossible to get your hands on. I contacted the company twice and they pretty much told me the only way I could get a board is to buy one of their tanks.

Here is the whole thing I am looking to sell

Torro King Tiger upper and lower hull metal/plastic complete with IBU2 ultimate - Has motors / everything already in it, this turret is an IR turret
                          Two radios with transmitters Flysky FS-i6S & FS-i6X
                          A second turret that is BB for the KT Torro

Comment

Let me ask, was the board you pulled out of the Torro originally, like the 3 on lower left?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221218_135910.jpg Views:	0 Size:	235.0 KB ID:	364390

"Torro controller boards are virtually impossible to get your hands on. I contacted the company twice and they pretty much told me the only way I could get a board is to buy one of their tanks."

Torro is full of Sh*t.....

https://www.taigentanks.com/collecti...-choose-sounds

I'll buy your IBU 2 AND throw in a new "Torro" board as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X