Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Fix a Mato T90....

Hey Folks!

I bought this Mato T90 about 3? months ago now and it has been nothing but problems (Mato's horrible customer service doesn't help), Iv had to fix the wiring to and now am trying to figure out how to fix the drive Sprockets as It appears one of my metal ones is miscast and throws the track constantly. Does anyone have suggestions on fixing this other than just replacing the sprocket? (Iv been eyeing the HL metal ones from toucan hobby but have no idea if they work with mato tracks)

Any advice would be great!

Attached Files

Originally posted by Abyssus View Post
    Hey Folks!

I bought this Mato T90 about 3? months ago now and it has been nothing but problems (Mato's horrible customer service doesn't help), Iv had to fix the wiring to and now am trying to figure out how to fix the drive Sprockets as It appears one of my metal ones is miscast and throws the track constantly. Does anyone have suggestions on fixing this other than just replacing the sprocket? (Iv been eyeing the HL metal ones from toucan hobby but have no idea if they work with mato tracks)

Any advice would be great!
    The fix is rather simple. But before I get to that, first question do you have drive shaft hull bearings supports?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

The fix is rather simple. But before I get to that, first question do you have drive shaft hull bearings supports?
      What do you mean? Im fairly new to Rc tanks.

Comment

What do you mean? Im fairly new to Rc tanks.
        Does the rear drive axle have a support bearing in the hull? It would be visible when the sprockets are removed. The bearings improve the axles rigidity and keep them properly aligned. It is important to have when running metal tracks and sprockets on the T90/72.

If you do not have the bearing the first step to solving the issue is adding them.

Comment

Does the rear drive axle have a support bearing in the hull? It would be visible when the sprockets are removed. The bearings improve the axles rigidity and keep them properly aligned. It is important to have when running metal tracks and sprockets on the T90/72.

If you do not have the bearing the first step to solving the issue is adding them.

Hmm doesn't look like it......
          Attached Files

Comment

Hmm doesn't look like it......
            Nope you do not have the support bearing. Ok then that issue number one. You should add one on both sides. Once that is done then see what happens. I suspect that the issue will be reduced a fair amount. If it continues then on to the next tweak which is also simple.

Comment

Nope you do not have the support bearing. Ok then that issue number one. You should add one on both sides. Once that is done then see what happens. I suspect that the issue will be reduced a fair amount. If it continues then on to the next tweak which is also simple.
              What sort of bearing do I put on\ where do I get one? I contact mato and they told me its my fault they sent me the 6.0s that has issues instead of a 7.0 so Im totally lost.

Comment

What sort of bearing do I put on\ where do I get one? I contact mato and they told me its my fault they sent me the 6.0s that has issues instead of a 7.0 so Im totally lost.
                Your issue has nothing to do with 6.0 or 7.0 that is the electronics and nothing to do with the issues you have. Both 6.0 and 7.0 have the same hull and lack of factory bearings.

Fortunately you hull has the bearing housing already attached to the hull.

The bearings can be found on EBay at Toucan hobbies shop or Aliexpress.com. You are looking for Heng Long axel shaft bearings for the T90. Yes you tank is made by Heng Long not Mato and uses Heng Long parts. Mato simply added some minor parts and called it theirs. Although the tracks and sprockets are a very good upgrade compared to the stock Heng Long metal parts. Once you get the minor tweaks out of the way you will have a great running tank.

Comment

Your issue has nothing to do with 6.0 or 7.0 that is the electronics and nothing to do with the issues you have. Both 6.0 and 7.0 have the same hull and lack of factory bearings.

Fortunately you hull has the bearing housing already attached to the hull.

The bearings can be found on EBay at Toucan hobbies shop or Aliexpress.com. You are looking for Heng Long axel shaft bearings for the T90. Yes you tank is made by Heng Long not Mato and uses Heng Long parts. Mato simply added some minor parts and called it theirs. Although the tracks and sprockets are a very good upgrade compared to the stock Heng Long metal parts. Once you get the minor tweaks out of the way you will have a great running tank.
                  Ah thanks! I know the electronics don't mater as much I just mentioned it because mato has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. (Plus they sent me a miscast sprocket I have to replace as well) I'm shocked they didn't include the correct axel shift ether.

Comment

I think all tanks regardless of brand have issues. The lure is they are cool. I accept the fact that there are upgrades that will improve them all. In the meantime, drive, repair, upgrade. What customer service?

Comment

Originally posted by 761st View Post
                      I think all tanks regardless of brand have issues. The lure is they are cool. I accept the fact that there are upgrades that will improve them all. In the meantime, drive, repair, upgrade. What customer service?
                      Yea but the thing never worked out of the box really, Missing Bearings (As I now know), Warped Metal Sprocket, a different version than what I paid for, faulty wiring & bad speaker lol. Oh and the smoker is having issues (I have to open it up and check it still)

Anyhow going to order bearings from Tucanhobby so hopefully, that fixes my problem, Im also debating metal road wheels, Think there worth it?

Comment

Yea but the thing never worked out of the box really, Missing Bearings (As I now know), Warped Metal Sprocket, a different version than what I paid for, faulty wiring & bad speaker lol. Oh and the smoker is having issues (I have to open it up and check it still)

Anyhow going to order bearings from Tucanhobby so hopefully, that fixes my problem, Im also debating metal road wheels, Think there worth it?
                        Metal road wheels are a great addition. BUT you need to be careful because the suspension arms on the newer T90s are different (shorter) then the old T90s and wheels can have fitment issues unless you use a complete wheel and suspension arm kit. The problem is knowing which version you are buying because the sites that sell them don’t really know the difference or simply don’t care to know.

IMO it’s a gamble, the safe bet is to just buy a complete kit. The complete old version work on the new tanks.

Comment

Metal road wheels are a great addition. BUT you need to be careful because the suspension arms on the newer T90s are different (shorter) then the old T90s and wheels can have fitment issues unless you use a complete wheel and suspension arm kit. The problem is knowing which version you are buying because the sites that sell them don’t really know the difference or simply don’t care to know.

IMO it’s a gamble, the safe bet is to just buy a complete kit. The complete old version work on the new tanks.
                          Well my t90 is 6.0s so Im guessing it takes the old? Came with metal Suspension installed already to. I am thinking this might be the right wheels?

Comment

Well my t90 is 6.0s so Im guessing it takes the old? Came with metal Suspension installed already to. I am thinking this might be the right wheels?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3279...8daFymEgM&mp=1
                            No the 6.0 and 7.0 are the newest suspension versions. The 5.2 are the old version.

The upgraded part listed above will work fine regardless of old vs new. Just change out the suspension arms with the ones that come with the new wheels. Also make sure you are buying the complete set wheels and arms Aliexpress can sometimes be tricky so double check your carts listing before final check out.

Comment

You can look for this size bearings on Amazon as well https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for Toucan, try to email them using toucanhobby@outlook.com, get a quote with shipping and if good to go, they will invoice you via PP.

Your pix on the right makes the sprocket look like it is too wide, are you sure the outer hub+2 discs+ inner hub are just not seated well due to casting flash rather than warp? Here is how tightly mine assembled:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0249.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.5 KB ID:	352941

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post

You can look for this size bearings on Amazon as well https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for Toucan, try to email them using toucanhobby@outlook.com, get a quote with shipping and if good to go, they will invoice you via PP.

Your pix on the right makes the sprocket look like it is too wide, are you sure the outer hub+2 discs+ inner hub are just not seated well due to casting flash rather than warp? Here is how tightly mine assembled:

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0249.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.5 KB ID:	352941
                                I have mato tracks\Sprockets (with 1 sprocket being a miscast I tried to fix...), They only have 1 ring which could also be the problem. Im honestly debating grabbing some metal henglong Sprockets to see if that fixs the issue also.

I also found this.......... Looks like an insane deal so Im a bit worried lol

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32953104793.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.137038daFymEgM &gps-id=shoppingCartRecommend&scm=1007.13440.276583.0&s cm_id=1007.13440.276583.0&scm-url=1007.13440.276583.0&pvid=6f78b89b-4606-4174-856c-6966e9bf66cd&_t=gps-id:shoppingCartRecommend,scm-url:1007.13440.276583.0,pvid:6f78b89b-4606-4174-856c-6966e9bf66cd,tpp_buckets:668%232846%238114%231999& pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2266469462626%22%2C%2 2sceneId%22%3A%223440%22%7D&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21CAD% 2196.17%2196.17%21%21%21%21%21%402101f6b8166067926 40577084e8026%2166469462626%21rec

Comment

Sprockets alone be them HL, Mato or Taigen/Torro will not fix the issue you are having with de tracking. Unfortunately it is a design problem that tends to show its face more when metal tracks are uses and more so on the right side.

Like I said the fix is easy and I will tell you once you have the bearings installed. Without the bearings the fix is less effective because the sprockets still have to much random movement and this leads to de tracking issues.

Dual track retaining rings vs single ring is also not the solution and actually causes more issues then they solve especially if the tank is driven in loose soil or sand as this material tends to pack between the rings and cause the guide teeth to ride up over the material and thus the track moves off the sprocket.

I have several T90/72s some dating back to the 5.2 version and have seen the issue on a dozen others. I have also fixed the issue on all of them. Take a look at my Instagram @ Fsttanks to see some of my T90/72s being driven rather hard and with no track issues.

There is no harm getting a set of HL metal sprockets, I actually prefer them over the Mato ones. HL has two versions one with 1 retaining ring and one with two retaining rings. Either is fine but use only one ring.

Comment

Sprockets alone be them HL, Mato or Taigen/Torro will not fix the issue you are having with de tracking. Unfortunately it is a design problem that tends to show its face more when metal tracks are uses and more so on the right side.

Like I said the fix is easy and I will tell you once you have the bearings installed. Without the bearings the fix is less effective because the sprockets still have to much random movement and this leads to de tracking issues.

Dual track retaining rings vs single ring is also not the solution and actually causes more issues then they solve especially if the tank is driven in loose soil or sand as this material tends to pack between the rings and cause the guide teeth to ride up over the material and thus the track moves off the sprocket.

I have several T90/72s some dating back to the 5.2 version and have seen the issue on a dozen others. I have also fixed the issue on all of them. Take a look at my Instagram @ Fsttanks to see some of my T90/72s being driven rather hard and with no track issues.

There is no harm getting a set of HL metal sprockets, I actually prefer them over the Mato ones. HL has two versions one with 1 retaining ring and one with two retaining rings. Either is fine but use only one ring.
                                    Awesome thanks! Does that link look legit to you? I never order from china but Figure it might be worth the risk as it does give me a spare set of tracks also. (I am ordering the bearings to)

Comment

Awesome thanks! Does that link look legit to you? I never order from china but Figure it might be worth the risk as it does give me a spare set of tracks also. (I am ordering the bearings to)
                                      I have ordered many many many times from Aliexpress. Just be ready to possibly wait a long time. 1-2 months in transit is not uncommon these days. Although my last order arrived in 10 days so maybe things are improving.

Comment

I have ordered many many many times from Aliexpress. Just be ready to possibly wait a long time. 1-2 months in transit is not uncommon these days. Although my last order arrived in 10 days so maybe things are improving.
                                        Awesome thanks! For 100 cad that set of metal road wheels\the spare parts is to good of a deal to pass up lol.

Comment

Working...
                                        X