X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark Board Question

I ordered a TK50 board from Kenny Gaddis AKA: DAK RC Tanks. I also purchased the IR Programmer cable set along with the $49 Pro Sound Programmer. I wish to play around with the sound packs that Clark has. I have downloaded ALL of Clarks sound packs in advance of the purchase.

1. Clark Model's website is down. I was told by Kenny it should be back up by this Sunday-OK

The Sound packs are password protected. I have asked Kenny for the Password-He has not responded in 2 days now. Im chatting with him via FB.

I'm new to Clark and I dont feel all warm & fuzzy to begin with. Im using a Flysky 10 channel setup, and it amazes me the motions you have to go through just to start & stop the damn tank. Im hoping somehow I can re-map the channels to perform like a typical Henglong setup, or Taigen for that matter. Tamiya layout be damned-Way to counter intuative. Flipping multiple switches just to do one action is silly & stupid. I have the "Remote" for programming (the one DAK sells) but its not the same as the remote shown in Clarks instructions...again on DAK's website.

Does anyone have a contact for Clark, aside from DAK RC? Preferably the Owner. I need to unlock these sound packs. I can easily prove my purchases.

Thanx in advance

Clark's website has been up for a few days now. Don't know the passwords. I don't think you will be able to program the tank the way you want it. If you remap the functions only you will know the combination of switches that will do certain tasks. Each switch has like a "modifier". Sometimes you turn on a switch to modify the function of another switch. You can't just reprogram the switches to what you want unless you change them in the radio which causes other issues with the switch modifiers.

This is an example for SBUS: Flipping switch C down starts the tank, but if you flip Switch D down before switch C it controls the headlights. It modified the start function to the light function. Switch the D switch back up and it returns to it's previous function which was the "start" function.

If you are not using SBUS, then the functions are more like Tamiya tanks with joystick and switch combos to do things. I can't explain those because I only have SBUS Clark boards,

It's much easier to show someone than explain it.

Here is some info about the remote I think you have.

Attached Files

Comment

I have always heard positive things about Gaddis. May just be a situation. I do like the Clark board. On my list.

Comment

Thank you Fellow Tankers. I do like Kenny, dont get me wrong. He has always been super helpful. Im thinking he has too much on his plate, and I wish not to burden him with all the questions I have. Tank-Me: I appreciate your insight. I have that remote schematic you posted, however there are just a few buttons that has me confused. I probably shouldnt be too worried, as it seems most of the Mods that are possible revolve around IR battle that does not concerne me. After your explination, I will probably be selling everything I just bought because once again, flipping many switches is way too complicated to do something simple that Henglong, Taigen, and IBU can do with one. Example, flip switch A to crank the tank, and flip the same switch back to turn it off. Imagine running 8 tanks with this simple set up, then trying to run tank 9 with a Clark board and being totatly lost. Muscle memory shot to Hell. Your spot on in claiming its way easier to show someone how to do it, then to explain. Thats exactly how I learn-hands on....but of course its rather expensive.

I see the "Mode" can be changed via remote. Channels 1-4 is needed most. I must have tank movement on the right stick, and turret/barrel action on the left-not all over the place.
        I should probably give Clark some more time, as I have heard allot of good things and I do love the sound packs I have heard-the main reason I bought it.

I do have the S-bus version, and I had Kenny pre-load it with the Jagtiger. Its also the "E" varient. The Jagtiger soundpack is amazing.

Once again, you guys are awesome.

Comment

No problem man. You are at that learning point that i will be able to join down the road. My Mato's have the Clark and I am so much happier with them. Still a fan of HL and Taigen. The Mato controller was at first like WTF! Now it's more like WTH! I am getting accustomed to and really like the tank's response. As far as muscle memory goes, If I had ANY I never would have gotten married a second time.

Comment

....Amen brother...

Comment

Last time I communicated with Kenny, he stated that he might come to the the September battle in LA. I also have many issues to sort out with my Clark’s board. I hope to have him explained about it too.

Comment

So I will be honest that I really only use a few functions on my TK-50 boards. I use the machine gun rotary switch, the canon on the rotary switch, the start/neutral function and the headlight function. Once you learn those, the boards pretty much all operate the same. Firing is much easier than on HL as you only have to hit one switch and not two like on the version 6.x and 7.x boards. You can switch which side of the radio the canon switch is on (left or right) and can move the driving functions to the left stick or the right stick depending on preference. Other than that, those are the only functions most people use. It's really simple to operate and remember once you learn them.

Comment

Ive been messing with my Sherman Fury, which has a IBU2 Ultimate and finally took the audio from the movie and selected a few sound bits and put them in the IBU, Its super cool. With that said, The flexability that IBU gives, combined with the fact you dont need a special programmer, special audio files (IBU operates with .wav) nor a IR remote & cables, IMO the IBU rules. I realize some purists will argue otherwise, but its just my own experience. I'm leaning more and more to selling all this brand new unused Clark stuff and buying another IBU2.

Comment

Great looking tank! Soundtrack is pretty dam good! Subscribed.

Comment

I have tried many after market boards and spent lots of money trying them. I’ve tried a few clark boards and still have a couple tanks with them.
                      someone in the hobby much linger than I told me years ago, find what type you like and works for you and stick with them. I have done that to the extent I can. I still have a bit of a mixture but most of my fleet are old IBUs. I would still use them but I don’t care for the new ibu2 Ultimate. So I’ve changed brands.

clark boards are quite versatile and had been quite good till lately we noticed lots of QC failures during meets. It’s very important you follow the instructions and listen to Kenny, They need an 8 ohm speaker. Any other value will over draw current and shut down the board and May cause damage.
                      RC tank parts and accessories I make
                      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                        I have tried many after market boards and spent lots of money trying them. I’ve tried a few clark boards and still have a couple tanks with them.
                        someone in the hobby much linger than I told me years ago, find what type you like and works for you and stick with them. I have done that to the extent I can. I still have a bit of a mixture but most of my fleet are old IBUs. I would still use them but I don’t care for the new ibu2 Ultimate. So I’ve changed brands.

clark boards are quite versatile and had been quite good till lately we noticed lots of QC failures during meets. It’s very important you follow the instructions and listen to Kenny, They need an 8 ohm speaker. Any other value will over draw current and shut down the board and May cause damage.
                        Thanx Rich, your insight is taken with great importance as usuall. I do have a multitude of Visaton 8 Ohms in antcipation of the 7w TK50........HOWEVER.......R U Interested in another Clark Board? "find what type you like and works for you and stick with them"

Comment

After trying a few Clarks, ibu ultimate and Tamiya Sheridan system I have settled on the DKTank for now. More may be available later on, they may not, but I have a handful on hand for the next couple projects.

Comment

From the info I received, TK80 and TK60 are discontinued. There is only the TK50 is Sbus.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
                              I'm leaning more and more to selling all this brand new unused Clark stuff and buying another IBU2.
                              Everyone has their preference. It's funny because I have an IBU2 I was going to install, looked at the manual, saw all the weird stick movements, and said...nope.

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                              From the info I received, TK80 and TK60 are discontinued. There is only the TK50 is Sbus.
                              The TK60 is definitely discontinued and has been for like 2 years now. As far as I know the TK-80 is still active as a product as it is the only one with the additional speaker slot and extra LEDs. I have quite a few Clark boards with no failures as yet. *knocks on wood*...

Kenny actually has the TK-50 with conventional PWM inputs in stock on the website so I'm not sure where you got the info that it's SBus only.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post

Everyone has their preference. It's funny because I have an IBU2 I was going to install, looked at the manual, saw all the weird stick movements, and said...nope.

The TK60 is definitely discontinued and has been for like 2 years now. As far as I know the TK-80 is still active as a product as it is the only one with the additional speaker slot and extra LEDs. I have quite a few Clark boards with no failures as yet. *knocks on wood*...

Kenny actually has the TK-50 with conventional PWM inputs in stock on the website so I'm not sure where you got the info that it's SBus only.
                                I initialy went to purchase the TK40, which is currently available only in S-Bus, then I went for the TK50 for the 7w power, and kept it S-Bus. Did you actually purchase a IBU2, or backed out before buying? If you have a IBU2 , I will gladly swap. The IBU2 has the ability of channel mapping on initial set-up. Its quit easy.

Comment

You can channel map a PWM clark board too to what ever configuration you want if you sit down and figure out what each channel input is and plug them into that channel on your receiver. I have set up many clark boards for other club members before I ever bought one so I knew what I was getting to start with.. I set up two others and mine to be left hand drive and right hand fight and then operation control on whatever switches and knobs seemed to work for them and me but it takes an 8 channel radio to do it and and some time to figure out on your own and write it all down transposing from what is written on his website to how you want to set it up.

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                                    You can channel map a PWM clark board too to what ever configuration you want if you sit down and figure out what each channel input is and plug them into that channel on your receiver. I have set up many clark boards for other club members before I ever bought one so I knew what I was getting to start with.. I set up two others and mine to be left hand drive and right hand fight and then operation control on whatever switches and knobs seemed to work for them and me but it takes an 8 channel radio to do it and and some time to figure out on your own and write it all down transposing from what is written on his website to how you want to set it up.
                                    Thanx Rich as always. Correct me if Im wrong, but my board being the S-Bus version, does not allow for PWM output, right?

As aside note: I spoke with Stanlley @ Tank Legion. No more IBU2's....No more Microchips available.

Comment

So IBU2 Ultimate has bit the dust? If that is true, in time they will return when chips are available. We are still feeling the fallout from the idiotic idea of shutting down the worlds economy to try and stop a plague.

I do not know if S-bus does PWM for clark but I think not since he sells them listed as this way or that way.

Comment

Working...
                                      X