X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torro Panzer Pz Mk III Programmable settings question

The features list for this Torro tank and a number of others such as the Mk IV and two Panthers, list the following feature:

"Programmable radio settings for the amount of recoil, the sensitivity in turns, the overall sensitivity in acceleration, high speed, and low-speed modes, etc."

However I cannot find how to do this on the Torro Mark III I bought from MotionRC, I find the progressive acceleration and turns way too sensitive, indeed barely progressive at all.
    So am interested in this feature to reduce sensitivity.
    But I cannot find anything in the manual or buttons on the transmitter.
    I have also noted the recharge battery in tank is a listed feature does not appear to be a function, at least in U.S. acquired tanks.
    Perhaps this programmability is not either.
    By comparison, I find progressive acceleration and turns works well in Heng Long tanks.

I don't know of any programable functions in the Torro/Taigen tanks. If you are reading that information from a specific website, it is probably quoting HL functions and not Torro functions.

OK...found the info you are quoting and it is definitely the functions of a HL tank and not a Torro/Taigen tank. Errors are in red below.

Found from the Motion RC website:

Features:
    • Latest Generation TK6 Multi-Function Control Board (MFCB) - This is not installed in a Torro/Taigen tank it is incorrect.
    • Proportional acceleration, steering, turret traverse, and gun elevation/depression
    • Programmable radio settings for the amount of recoil, the sensitivity in turns, the overall sensitivity in acceleration, high speed and low-speed modes, etc - Not adjustable on a Torro
    • Smoke effect (On/Off)
    • Headlights and Brake lights (On/Off)
    • Volume (five settings including Off) - Controlled by a dial on the tank on a Torro
    • Four different sound sets. Each contains a unique engine start, idle, accelerating, traverse, elevate, machine gun, cannon firing, and shutdown sound - Only comes with one soundset on a Torro
    • Track Recoil (Three settings from low, medium, and high) -This shudders the tank briefly rearward to simulate recoil when firing the main cannon - Not adjustable on a Torro
    • Fires a 6mm plastic BB (10 meters with minimal accuracy and limited velocity, but should still be treated with caution and with adequate eye protection) - Depends on if you buy an IR or a BB version with Torro.
    • Fires an invisible IR signal to be used as part of Heng Long's Infrared Battle System, which disables other tanks when hit five times during simulated combat. Up to 20 tanks at the same time can battle each other!
    • Independent suspension on all road wheels

Comment

I am quoting from this website's listing of features for the Pz Mk III plus several other tanks. However the "programmable" wording is virtually the same as for H.L. Series 7.0 tanks. RCMotion's website uses the same features wording as this website does. RC Motion makes reference to HobbySquawk being the official source of info on tank features. Only selected Torro tanks have this programmability featured, ones I am aware of being the Pz MkIII and IV plus the two versions of the Panther.
      For this and other tanks, a listed feature with photos includes recharging battery in tank, but the charger provided has an Tamiya connector that would require taking out the battery...
      So I wonder what the source of these features are listed in this website. Are features in tanks available in the U.S. not the same as other places ?

Comment

I may need more coffee but, is this where the Sony remote comes in?

Comment

Originally posted by DHarper View Post
          I am quoting from this website's listing of features for the Pz Mk III plus several other tanks. However the "programmable" wording is virtually the same as for H.L. Series 7.0 tanks. RCMotion's website uses the same features wording as this website does. RC Motion makes reference to HobbySquawk being the official source of info on tank features. Only selected Torro tanks have this programmability featured, ones I am aware of being the Pz MkIII and IV plus the two versions of the Panther.
          For this and other tanks, a listed feature with photos includes recharging battery in tank, but the charger provided has an Tamiya connector that would require taking out the battery...
          Already went over the fact the Torro/Taigen tanks are not programable in any way, shape or form. Taigen/Torro made a V1, a V2, and a V3 version of their electronics. None of them were programable. You don't have to take my word for it as I've only got 5 or 6 Torro/Taigen tanks and maybe 15 other tanks. For most Torro tanks you need to remove the battery to charge it or open the tank. I always do anyway as if the battery starts on fire during charging I don't want it to destroy my tank in the process of burning.

Originally posted by DHarper View Post
          So I wonder what the source of these features are listed in this website. Are features in tanks available in the U.S. not the same as other places ?
          Nope. All the same world wide.

Originally posted by 761st View Post
          I may need more coffee but, is this where the Sony remote comes in?
          Nope. That would be used for Clark boards. Torro doesn't use Clark boards. There are some Mato tanks that come with Clark boards, but not Torro/Taigen. Torro/Taigen uses their own kind of tank controller (currently a V3).

Straight from Torro's website https://www.torro-shop.de/1-16-RC-Pa...-tarn-IR-Rauch (no mention of programmability BTW):

description

The Panther F should be the next evolution in the Panther series. Probably the most striking change here was the use of a newly developed tower, also known as a narrow tower. This had better armor protection and, for the first time, a rangefinder, which was considered very revolutionary. Only a small number of narrow turrets for testing and a few Panther F hulls were built, although it is not confirmed if these ever saw combat.
          True to detail in 1:16 scale
          With dimensions of approx. 545x210x180 (LxWxH mm), the Panther F is ideal for demanding customers. In the professional edition, it shows itself with an excellent airbrush finish, 2.4 GHz circuit board technology and a new speaker. This model has superior driving characteristics, various functions and realistic sound. The high-quality chains, drive and idler wheels as well as rollers, as well as the lower hull and the turret are made of metal. Many small parts such as ammunition and different stickers round off the true-to-scale replica perfectly.
          control and functions
          The powerful package has a 2.4 GHz controller. The vehicle is equipped with the IR Battlesystem, so battles with vehicles from the same series are possible. The motors with optimized torque give the Panther F a precise, smooth ride. Metal gears with robust gears and an improved translation ensure greater power. The proportional control allows you to approach the tank very slowly and increase the speed steplessly. The Panther F drives forwards and backwards, also with a left and right turn. It can also be turned left or right on the spot. You can raise and lower the cannon and rotate the turret 360 degrees. Various engine sounds, the pipe retraction,

Details/scope of delivery
          • RC Panther Ausf. F IR, Torro professional edition in 1:16 scale
          • Dimensions: approx. 545x210x180 (LxWxH mm)
          • Weight: approx. 5.7 kg
          • Torro wooden box for transport and storage
          • With cannon smoke that can be switched on and off when fired
          • 360° turret rotation
          • 2.4GHz remote control
          • 4-in-1 metal gears
          • NiMH battery for the tank
          • Charger 7.2 V, 400 mA, German standard
          • Smoke generator, sound module and firing unit
          • smoking liquid
          • IR battle system
          • Recoil and muzzle flash
          • Small parts, accessory set, decals
          • Operating instructions in German and English
          • Ready to run

Comment

Thank you tank_me. Like I said, I needed more coffee. I realized while I was pouring cup #2 I was thinking Clark boards. New Rule for me. I can longer post until I have had 2 cups.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MV5BYTJmYTBlNDMtYjUwNy00NjEyLWEwMWMtNjk1MjA5MGU4YThhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDc2NTEzMw@@._V1_.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	355664

Comment

Thanks for responding to my thread. Looks like RCMotion should not be using Hobby Squawk website as source for features on their website, given it's inaccuraies; seems to be be using Heng Long tank features..
              However, I do disagree with the redline inaccuracy re IR capability.
              I have both a Torro Sherman and Pz Mk III. Both have IR capability with a switch so IR can be adjusted to work with HL tanks.
              Per the manual, the Torro tanks come in two versions- either IR OR bb firing ability., not capable of both as HL tanks do.
              Reason is Torro IR tanks have a muzzle lighting flash, so wiring in the barrel means no BB's.
              The RC Motion website only has the IR version.
              Thinking perhaps the responder listing inaccuracies has the BB firing version ?

As to the Torro website as a source of accurate features, it still lists "in tank battery recharging" The receptacle for the charger is on the bottom of the tank, but at least for tanks acquired from RCMotion, the charger has a Tamiya connector, thus intending out of tank recharging. However this site is much more accurate than this Hobby Squawk website is.

Comment

Working...
              X