Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Tanks Battle 9/10/2022

Email received from the LA RC TANKS CLUB:

Get your tanks serviced and charged up for the September battle day on Saturday September 10, 2022. Gates open at 10:00. We'll set-up the battlefield and get battling shortly afterward. The battleday event is held at the American Military Museum located at 1918 Rosemead Blvd., South El Monte, CA 91733.

We hope to see you all there.

Special Notice -- next month's normally scheduled battleday has been rescheduled to October 01, 2022. Please update your calendar!

I will be there. Upgraded the Pershing and hopefully fixed the Panzer III. Now I have two transmitters so maybe I can talk my daughter into going.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Bring my newly finished M4 76mm Sherman “War Pony” for its first official run and gun battle day. Also bring one of my old but newly “up gunned” T72s. Click image for larger version  Name:	9634AD6C-D90D-482B-B5BC-97E755E0153A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.9 KB ID:	356291Click image for larger version  Name:	E3BAC6E4-825A-4FCF-B9F8-4C4A51F680F4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.7 KB ID:	356292
      Click image for larger version  Name:	317132FF-273D-467F-972A-31AA776B1014.jpg Views:	0 Size:	306.6 KB ID:	356294

Comment

It will the 1st battle for my Mato KT too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5865.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	356309

Comment

Name:	DBE30719-D63F-4ADC-AB6F-EB836ED86474.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	356320

Name:	6D056D8D-A47F-49A2-8F32-36A5237C7CB0.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	356319

Comment

Looks like the battle day might be canceled due to forecasted rain.

Comment

Hopefully it will be moved to next Saturday .

Comment

don't let the weather guessers cancel it before the actual day. I run major sailing regattas and you don't cancel until the day of the race if you have people interested and signed up. Sometimes the weather turns out fantastic. Only a few times it has ever been bad enough to force a cancel. The tropical storm off Baja won't even be at Ensenada by 12 noon on Saturday. Ensenada is 155 miles away. Any showers would be minor in my opinion, but I am not guessing LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                  don't let the weather guessers cancel it before the actual day. I run major sailing regattas and you don't cancel until the day of the race if you have people interested and signed up. Sometimes the weather turns out fantastic. Only a few times it has ever been bad enough to force a cancel. The tropical storm off Baja won't even be at Ensenada by 12 noon on Saturday. Ensenada is 155 miles away. Any showers would be minor in my opinion, but I am not guessing LOL.
                  It’s not the club that cancels the event it’s the venue. The tank museum where the battles are held closes at the first sign of rain or forecast of rain around 50%. When they close they close for the entire day. Nothing the club can do about it. Also since most members are coming from far away, some as far as San Diego they have to know by late the night before so they don’t waist expenses and hours driving for nothing. Myself I come from PalmSprings Ca which is in itself is a bit of of a drive/expense.

Trust me rain does not bother me and I would happily battle in it if the powers at be give the go ahead and the venue allows the event to still take place(which they have never in the past done when it rains) But I am still keeping my fingers crossed that the forecast changes to a lower possibility of rain or no rain.

Right now though the club has not officially said the event is postponed so let keep our 🤞🤞🤞.

Comment

I will apply a layer of lacquer over my tank for the battle then

Comment

I spoke to the LA tank organizer this morning and sadly he told me the museum has already informed him they will be closed as they expect at least a half inch of rain.
                      They will be notifying members today and posting on Facebook.
                      RC tank parts and accessories I make
                      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I received the email. It is canceled. They won't move it to next week.

Comment

That is a bummer. So no one from Arizona coming I hope? They would have left by now

Comment

From the email I received, the next LA battle will be on October 1, 2022. I don't think I can wait that long, lol. I will just do an event near Huntington Lake next week (similar to the battle event I did last month at the same spot) ) Possibly on a Sunday.

Comment

Thanks to share. Have to wait for a long time......

Comment

Well as I predicted the weather up hear near Rosemead is perfect. 15% possibility of a stray shower from the weather guessers. Temp 76 degrees. A perfect day to tank battle. Kay moved faster then they predicted. Dirt is damp but not soggy.

Comment

We should have a plan B at another battle field in case the museum closes for any reason .

Comment

Name:	IMG_6529.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	356540I tried to do that with my RC flying club site. Problem was they need AMA insurance to step foot on the property. I have that, but I doubt only a few other guys with RC planes and tanks do as well.

Comment

Our r/c flying club has the same activity restriction, with AMA rules and our property lease.
                                      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                                        Our r/c flying club has the same activity restriction, with AMA rules and our property lease.
                                        The Tejas Armor Association battlefield is on the same property as an RC airfield, but I'm not sure how they are satisfying the AMA requirements as we battle there when people are flying planes and when they aren't flying planes. I know several of our members pay dues to the local club so they are on the voting board. I think the airfield and battleground are on private property though.

Comment

Working...
                                        X