X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL M1A2 Metal tracks ?

Hello, I have the HL M1A2 with metal tracks, I've seen some on the web that are metal with the little rubber pads. Whats the pro's & con's on these?
    At this stage I'm just running the tank in the driveway and yard.

thanks for any info

Dave

Originally posted by ddaniel1962 View Post
    Hello, I have the HL M1A2 with metal tracks, I've seen some on the web that are metal with the little rubber pads. Whats the pro's & con's on these?
    At this stage I'm just running the tank in the driveway and yard.

thanks for any info

Dave
    They are well made super durable tracks. Problem is to be able to turn on pavement/concrete you should also add the more powerful red HL 390 motors and drive axle support bearings.

The aftermarket tracks is rather heavy ~2.5Lbs and the rubber pads HUGLY increase the coefficients of friction with the ground. These two things quickly overtake the ability of the stock motors and cause the drive axle to “flex” out of alignment which can increase the likelihood of “de-tracking”.

So if you want to run them and get your money worth out take the two additional inexpensive steps and you will be pleased with the end results.

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate the info. I'll probably keep what I have, I'd like to paint them or darken them, Any good ideas?
      I've heard of using gun Bluing, I can get that locally,

thanks again

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniel1962 View Post
        Thank you, I appreciate the info. I'll probably keep what I have, I'd like to paint them or darken them, Any good ideas?
        I've heard of using gun Bluing, I can get that locally,

thanks again

Dave
        I use bluing. It turns the metal tracks a dark brown/black. It does wear off in areas of contact, but stays in the the “cracks”. After a while the tracks take on a generally realistic look. With the HL Abrams track a little less so because the tracks pads are not metal not rubber.

Comment

Working...
        X