Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M60 Patton tank is once again available at DKLM RC

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M60 Patton tank is once again available at DKLM RC

DKLM RC has just released their “2 generation” 1/16 scale RC M60 Patton tank. It’s priced in the same range as a Tamiya kit. These are super impressive tanks but they do require some RC building and running experience to get the most out of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BDF6E0F9-A523-40BF-B2E1-FD54D1918773.jpg
Views:	850
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	357032Click image for larger version

Name:	3453F6DD-4ED1-42EC-A2DF-DA11AE03DD38.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	357031

I'm kinda waiting for that styrene cast version I've been seeing pictures of.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
      I'm kinda waiting for that styrene cast version I've been seeing pictures of.
      That one is at a minimum 2-3 years off based on the history of the tank hobby. They haven’t even released their other two tanks that have been “done” for quite a while now. I hope I am wrong, but in the mean time the DKLM M60 is available for those that want an M60 and do not want to wait years.

Comment

What are the other two tanks that have been supposedly done?

Comment

What are the other two tanks that have been supposedly done?
          The big one is their Centurion lots of information on it but it’s vapor and the second is some euro trash tank that is nothing of interest to me. Yes they too like Tamiya and HL have a Centurion (HL was prototyped to a pre production level). Most likely it is a rebranded HL Centurion not the Haya Centurion. I have even seen their name on a Merkava that is also most likely a rebranded HL Merkava (that is long since announced but years overdue).

Point being they are all vapor and none are available even in the Asian market. Right now the DKLM M60 is available the other M60 is nowhere even close to being available. I am sure we all wish it was and at least at a HL quality level, hell I would buy at least two if they were, but it is not. The DKLM M60 is not perfect, but when built by someone with experience is quite an awesome tank. RichJohnson has one and it is a show stopper at battle days or RC events.

This is the Centurion from the company (not DKLM) working on the other M60. I have been putting off buying another Tamiya Centurion after seeing this. Don’t know how much longer I will be waiting.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	24C9C1D5-ED9A-4C96-A309-459375569983.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	357050

Comment

I'm aware of Rich's and the issues he had with it which is why I'm reluctant about purchasing the DKLM version. I know he also did some custom work to his and I believe it is running on Tamiya Abrams plastic tracks to fix the track retaining issues. His M60 is build is great.

Comment

I'm aware of Rich's and the issues he had with it which is why I'm reluctant about purchasing the DKLM version. I know he also did some custom work to his and I believe it is running on Tamiya Abrams plastic tracks to fix the track retaining issues. His M60 is build is great.
              I too am aware of Rich’s issues I worked with him on ways to helped make his M60 work better. DKLM was also aware of the issues Rich had and has “supposedly” fixed the issues with the new version.

One issues was the Mato 5/1 transmission they used in the old version. The new version has a Taigen/Torro 4:1 and option for a HL cross drive transmission. This alone should solves the previous drive issues. They also are supposed to have increased the torsion bar stiffness which was greatly needed and something Rich did first after I pointed out the issue being caused by the original bars.

I recommend the Tamiya Abrams tracks to Rich for use on his M60 because the HL plastic Abrams tracks provided were to weak for his driving style. The M60 actually ran very well with the HL tracks but is far more durable and capable with the Tamiya tracks. I would still recommend this upgrade to anyone for any tank that can run Abrams sprockets and tracks(there are a few tanks that can).

Surprisingly once Rich tuned his original version M60 it has been very durable something I did not expect to see. I don’t think he has broken any suspension components or blown any major parts and he drives that thing like a mad man even by my standards. I shied away from the first generation M60 worried about the 3D printed suspension, but now know it is more durable then the older stock HL plastic suspensions.

Having witnessed Rich beat his M60 up and its still going strong has convinced me to look hard at the new generation 2 M60 form DKLM. If it is as upgraded as they have said, then it should be a solid running tank for years to come or at least until other option finally arrived to replace it.

It is not something for everyone especially those without the experience in building and running tanks but for those with the experience the M60 is worth taking a look.

Comment

Well at least Carson listened to the input from his customers. That says a lot for him. I haven't bought much from DKLM simply because the shipping costs are so high. Been drooling over the Bradley, but with working full-time and trying to finish off my BS degree I started in 1991...not a lot of build time. :)

Comment

Actually the henglong track did not work because the center guides of the track are to short. Same problem with the mato metal track and why it would not stay on the tank. My M60 tended to drive off the track when turning. The Tamiya Abrams track has much taller prototypically high guide teeth and they keep the road reals on them with the weight of the tank while turning.

The simple track change was an amazing difference but it is expensive track. I borrowed a set of track from someone that had bought and built the Tamiya abrams when it was first released. I had to shorten the track up by removing some links and it ran so great I suggested I just buy the guy a new set of track so that was what we worked out.

If anybody buys an M60 give me a ring I can walk you through some pointers I had to learn the hard way so that you wont.
                  RC tank parts and accessories I make
                  www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Working...
                  X