X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC HL Tank Club

I have held two battle events in Huntington Beach these last 2 months. Most of the tanks I brought to the events were HL tanks. Some guests and players also came to battle with their own HL tanks too. I feel that the HL tanks are more affordable for most new players who are interested in playing. Who knows how the future will turn out. For now, I will just run the battle, learn from the previous one, and change accordingly on the next one. I will probably have only 1 rule which is the 6 second reloading/waiting between fires. All tanks will run with the slow modes in morning battles. In the afternoon, all tanks will play at the high speed modes to make it more interesting.

I will have 11 Allies tanks and 10 German tanks available for new members or guests to play at the event. I just need about 10 people to show up at the event and I will be happy.

Here are what I provide for my attendees to play....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6113.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	358196

Comment

The Americans

Name:	IMG_6117.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	358198Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6118.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	358199

Comment

The Germans...

Name:	IMG_6114.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	358202

Name:	IMG_6116.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	358201

Name:	IMG_6115.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	358203

Comment

And the Russians....(the captured KV-1 can be assigned to either sides)

Name:	IMG_6120.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	358205

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
            I have held two battle events in Huntington Beach these last 2 months. Most of the tanks I brought to the events were HL tanks. Some guests and players also came to battle with their own HL tanks too. I feel that the HL tanks are more affordable for most new players who are interested in playing. Who knows how the future will turn out. For now, I will just run the battle, learn from the previous one, and change accordingly on the next one. I will probably have only 1 rule which is the 6 second reloading/waiting between fires. All tanks will run with the slow modes in morning battles. In the afternoon, all tanks will play at the high speed modes to make it more interesting.

I will have 11 Allies tanks and 10 German tanks available for new members or guests to play at the event. I just need about 10 people to show up at the event and I will be happy.

When running HL vs HL only games the engagement rules are simple and fair 👍 especially for new players. On HP mode it can get a bit crazy, but still fair because everyone is more less equally fast.

Comment

Yes! New players needs less rules or they might not return, lol. And my battle setting will be strictly German versus Allies. I will not allow a German tank fighting along side with an American or Russian tanks :-) It just doesn't look right for me. If there are some talented tankers who happen to be on the same team, I will have more tanks entering the battle for the other team (or additional reserved tanks at the rear)

Comment

Oh! And for me, I will probably play with my 3 favorites...

Name:	IMG_6123.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	358263

Comment

I like your idea of focusing on HL tanks. I think it appeals to the casual, entry level tanker much more than the more expensive brands. More than once my r/c flying friends expressed interest, but were leery of the high cost of more advanced systems. HL is a way to ease them into it. (I don't mean in any way to disparage the latter.)
                  Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I found out today that there will be no service at my temple next Sunday 10/16. Therefore, I will be free to play tanks. I will host a RC tank battle picnic at Lake Huntington in Huntington Beach 10AM-3PM. As I mentioned before, I have 21 LegoDEI IR HL tanks available for guests to play. Everyone is invited. You can bring your own tanks, of course. For those guests who would like to borrow my tanks to play, please let me know. I need a headcounts to ensure you will have one to battle. Thank you!

Comment

Jesus that's one Hellava Tank collection.

Name:	Meme_097.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	358778

Comment

Update...At this time, 17 players have signed up. We are good to battle for Sunday.

Comment

It rained quite a bit this evening. The battleground won't be good to play tomorrow. The event is cancelled :-(

Comment

My postponed last week event (due to the rain) will take place this Sunday. This event will give me a chance to test those new tanks that I had recently finished before sending them to LA to battle there :-)

Comment

14 players signed up. We are good to battle tomorrow .

Comment

All ready to bring to the battle tomorrow morning. I bring 3 extra as reserve.

Name:	IMG_6156.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	359626

Comment

Awesome day....

Name:	IMG_6158.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	359707