X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the world of RC Tanks

Hey folks I'm very new to RC Tanks. I'm into collecting 1:12 scale military actions figures (G.I.Joe Classified Series and Action Force) and was a bit bummed that there were no vehicles that were really suited to that scale. About a week ago, I came across the Heng Long line of tanks and to say I was hooked is putting it mildly; I've been watching videos everyday. Needless to say, I just ordered my first (of several) tank-the M1A2 Abrams.

Welcome aboard. FYI: It's addicting.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
      Welcome aboard. FYI: It's addicting.
      Welcome....yes it is.

Comment

Happy to read that you are getting your 1st tank soon. I don't remember when I got my first one. I am at my 90th tank now :-). I think I will stop at 100 which will probably be the Merkava . Hope you don't have the addiction as I have.

I am also collecting 1/6 scale. There were not much RC vehicles in that scale that I could afford. So I just stayed with the soldiers and a few static armors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Picture 107.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	359472

Name:	100_0057.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	359473

Comment

Name:	116IMG_0102.jpg
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	359476Click image for larger version

Name:	116Picture_013.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	359477Click image for larger version

Name:	116IMG_0104.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	359478

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
            Happy to read that you are getting your 1st tank soon. I don't remember when I got my first one. I am at my 90th tank now :-). I think I will stop at 100 which will probably be the Merkava . Hope you don't have the addiction as I have.

I am also collecting 1/6 scale. There were not much RC vehicles in that scale that I could afford. So I just stayed with the soldiers and a few static armors.

Name:	Copy of Picture 107.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	359472

Name:	100_0057.jpg
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	359473
            Yes I fear I might be developing an addiction for these things lol. They’re amazing. My thought process went from “There’s no way I’d pay that much for a toy,” to “I want one,” in less than a week. It also helped that my wife said she thought they were worth the money 😁.

Wow the 1:6 scale tanks are huge. I’ve seen a few videos of those and am just amazed at the size and capabilities of them. Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to sharing and hearing more from everyone here.

Comment

Welcome to the addiction.
              where do you live, you may be near a club that does the IR (tank lazer tag) battles.
              RC tank parts and accessories I make
              www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                Welcome to the addiction.
                where do you live, you may be near a club that does the IR (tank lazer tag) battles.
                I'm in VA

Comment

You are close to the Danville museum where they have a large indoor battlefield and host two day battle events. You should look for the two clubs that operate there. They use tamiya as all do though I am not sure they allow the henglongs to operate with the henglong system and a legodei IR receiver which is compatible. Some clubs do with rules for the henglong since it does not slow down when it gets hit but hopefully they will let you use it.
                  RC tank parts and accessories I make
                  www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                    You are close to the Danville museum where they have a large indoor battlefield and host two day battle events. You should look for the two clubs that operate there. They use tamiya as all do though I am not sure they allow the henglongs to operate with the henglong system and a legodei IR receiver which is compatible. Some clubs do with rules for the henglong since it does not slow down when it gets hit but hopefully they will let you use it.
                    Wow that sounds great. I'm about 2 hours from Danville and I think it would be awesome to attend the two day event. Would you happen to have a link or know where I can go to look for it? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                    X