X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long M1A2

I just received my Heng Long M1A2 Professional Edition RTR today and I have no turbine sounds at all!. All i get are two diesel sounds and that's it. It's suppose to be the TK7.0 version which it says on the controller but all the video's I've seen online have the turbine sound and mine does not. Yes I know, button G then K to change the sounds, it shuts down and then press the lock key to start it again. After several tries i just have two diesel sounds and that's it.

Can someone tell me if they had the same problem? or is there some other button function i'm missing because there is nothing else in the manual except it saying: change sound: G + K and restart.

I'm going to take it apart tomorrow and see whats inside, I'm betting someone screwed up and installed the wrong module from the start or whatever they use for their sounds. Also, I'm 50 50 that it almost looks like the tank might have seen action somewhere else or maybe used before, a return or has been messed with by someone. This pisses me off because the whole point in buying this one was for the turbine sound with the M1 and it's not anywhere close to a turbine. Not even close to anything like in the video link below:

M1A2C AbramsDKLM RC SEP V3 kit with optic fiber in CROW LPDKLM RC CITV kitDKLM RC full metal tracks with rubber padsDKLM RC paint jobDKLM RC steel tow cableH...

~A~

Originally posted by deepdiver8055 View Post
    I just received my Heng Long M1A2 Professional Edition RTR today and I have no turbine sounds at all!. All i get are two diesel sounds and that's it. It's suppose to be the TK7.0 version which it says on the controller but all the video's I've seen online have the turbine sound and mine does not. Yes I know, button G then K to change the sounds, it shuts down and then press the lock key to start it again. After several tries i just have two diesel sounds and that's it.

Can someone tell me if they had the same problem? or is there some other button function i'm missing because there is nothing else in the manual except it saying: change sound: G + K and restart.

I'm going to take it apart tomorrow and see whats inside, I'm betting someone screwed up and installed the wrong module from the start or whatever they use for their sounds. Also, I'm 50 50 that it almost looks like the tank might have seen action somewhere else or maybe used before, a return or has been messed with by someone. This pisses me off because the whole point in buying this one was for the turbine sound with the M1 and it's not anywhere close to a turbine. Not even close to anything like in the video link below:

M1A2C AbramsDKLM RC SEP V3 kit with optic fiber in CROW LPDKLM RC CITV kitDKLM RC full metal tracks with rubber padsDKLM RC paint jobDKLM RC steel tow cableH...

~A~
    You have a 7.0 version and it does not have the Abrams sound anymore. The Abrams sound and one other were deleted with the introduction of the 7.0.

If you can find an older 6.0/6.1 systems you can swap it out and have the Abrams sound. No difference in the base performance of the 6.0 vs the 7.0.

Also DO NOT RAISE the volume above the third setting. The new sound program in the 7.0 is to powerful for the stock speakers and is blowing them up at an alarming rate. That might sound like a bad thing but it actually is a huge improvement in the sound performance of Heng Long tanks.

Comment

WOW are you kidding me? man they need to tell people this or list it somewhere at the time of purchasing but I guess the $$ are more important like everything else today!. Thank You for taking the time to reply to my post. I already seen the posting about the sound volume level so thanks for that too. I'll be contacting some people and we'll get this taken care of. However I did open it up and it is version 7 on the module but the wiring is a mess in there and I don't think Heng Long would install it in that manor. I mean the guy is very professional and his all metal Tiger and M1 shows it.

Thanks again for your reply. Let me know if there's a version 6 or 6.1 out there somewhere for sale and preferably in new condition.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by deepdiver8055 View Post
        WOW are you kidding me? man they need to tell people this or list it somewhere at the time of purchasing but I guess the $$ are more important like everything else today!. Thank You for taking the time to reply to my post. I already seen the posting about the sound volume level so thanks for that too. I'll be contacting some people and we'll get this taken care of. However I did open it up and it is version 7 on the module but the wiring is a mess in there and I don't think Heng Long would install it in that manor. I mean the guy is very professional and his all metal Tiger and M1 shows it.

Thanks again for your reply. Let me know if there's a version 6 or 6.1 out there somewhere for sale and preferably in new condition.

Alan
        Don’t know what guy you are talking about but typically the wires are always a mess at first glance in Heng Long tanks. That is pretty normal to see but once you have seen enough of them and tried working with them you come to understand the way of it. I always open the tanks up and tidy the wiring to something that does not look mass produced under a time constraint on a moving assembly line.

6.0 / 6.1 complete systems (transmitter and receiver) can be found on EBay or at Aliexpress.com (Chinese Amazon). Just expect to wait because shipping can be a bit slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
          Don’t know what guy you are talking about but typically the wires are always a mess at first glance in Heng Long tanks. That is pretty normal to see but once you have seen enough of them and tried working with them you come to understand the way of it. I always open the tanks up and tidy the wiring to something that does not look mass produced under a time constraint on a moving assembly line.

6.0 / 6.1 complete systems (transmitter and receiver) can be found on EBay or at Aliexpress.com (Chinese Amazon). Just expect to wait because shipping can be a bit slow.
          ==========================

Check your message.

Comment

Thank you for your help Rubicon99, I'll give those items a try.

Comment

The 7.0 Abrams I got earlier this year has the turbine sound, and the Leopard's V12 Diesel sound; the battery connector was still the Tamiya connector though. I see the newer 7.0 units have the XT60 which is nice, but is it true they eliminated the Abrams' turbine?

Clay

Comment

I have a 6.0 im not doing anything with, in case you wanted to go that route. Let me ask: Does your 7.0 have port CN2 there or is it missing (blank) ? The reason I ask is, it seems in 7.1 they did away with that port, BUT I have one with it still there. The same goes for the 7.0-Most of the ones I have do not have the port there, yet I have one that does.

A Abrams without Turbine Sound would drive me insane-I feel your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by ccarley View Post
                  The 7.0 Abrams I got earlier this year has the turbine sound, and the Leopard's V12 Diesel sound; the battery connector was still the Tamiya connector though. I see the newer 7.0 units have the XT60 which is nice, but is it true they eliminated the Abrams' turbine?

Clay
                  Yeah this one i have (TK v7.0) only has two diesel engine sounds. They sound really good though and I was thinking about putting this unit in the old Taigen Tiger 1 I have just for the sounds. I mean it sounds more like a Tiger then whats in there now.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
                    I have a 6.0 im not doing anything with, in case you wanted to go that route. Let me ask: Does your 7.0 have port CN2 there or is it missing (blank) ? The reason I ask is, it seems in 7.1 they did away with that port, BUT I have one with it still there. The same goes for the 7.0-Most of the ones I have do not have the port there, yet I have one that does.

A Abrams without Turbine Sound would drive me insane-I feel your pain.
                    Thank you Snapper! I did however order a v6.0 from motion RC and had to get the radio from ebay (v6.0) also. It seems the radios are not compatible with the modules. I tried to bind the 7.0 radio to the TK 6 and not happening even though I was told by Rubicon I would need another radio but I thought the way things are today maybe I would get lucky! lol nope!, so I have another TX coming along.

I've been doing some work on the M1.... I'll post them in the picture section.

Comment

No worries, and yes-The TK 7.0's & up are not compatable with earlier MFU's..Looking forward to seeing your Abrams in action !

Comment

This is the pro edition with the metal running gear. Been painting the base colors. I'll tell you this: when buying an RTR tank make sure you break it down and recheck all the screws and fasteners or anything that has threads. I found two road wheels were barely held on by two different screws and two different sized washers and both arms were stripped out. So the solution was to take two of the 5 screws from the turret ring and use them which they fit perfectly and tightened down to hold the road wheels on. Then I used the two screws I removed and put them into the turret ring and they also tightened down. Case closed. I also had to make an extension for the loaders machine gun to get over the optic unit and also cutout a small hole so that I can turn the power switch on and off without having to rotate the turret before shutting down the tank. I just use a small screwdriver to turn it on and off through the rack next to the AC unit on the back, I assume it's an AC unit, looks like one, not sure though. I'll have to look into the real one and find out what that big box is. I worked on the Bradley's in the military (63 Tango) but didn't do anything with the M1's.

However, You know how they say never to volunteer for anything in the ARMY?? LOL well I did on one occasion because the driver of an M1 was sick so in formation that morning they needed a driver and asked. I was the first to raise my hand and step forward! lol I was glad I did. What an experience that was during live fire exercises.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	360164Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	360165Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	360166

Comment

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with it. God only knows if my money pit of an Abrams will ever be finished...

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                            Looking forward to seeing what you can do with it. God only knows if my money pit of an Abrams will ever be finished...
                            LOL well all the more then, get that baby going! hehehe. Check out the video clip i posted. That just might help ya out! :)

Comment

Working...
                            X