X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 7.0 king tiger

I'm putting the slip ring in my hl king tiger. Just like I did the hl m1a2 abrams. But the king tiger doesn't seem to have any power. Freshly charged battery put in tank and no power. What am I missing?

All plugs seated securely? Do the lights go on? Does the sound go on? Is the tank bound to the Tx? Tell us more details...
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

All plugs seated. No lights on. Can't bind to tx if I have no power. Receiver was bound to tx when I started. Very puzzling. Has anyone had this same issue? I believe that the battery was plugged in to the tank with the power switch off when I started the project. I'm out of ideas.

Comment

Heng Long uses junky inline plugs to connect the battery leads to the main board. Check them. I’ve had some fail. I replace all mine with 3.5 bullet connectors, and change out the Tamiya connectors with XT60’s.

Comment

I will bob thanks.
          hl 7.0's are coming with xt60's on the battery plug . Instead of the awful tamiya plug thank goodness.
          thanks again Bob. Keep putting out those great videos!!

Comment

Hey Bob do you think that maybe I hurt the mfcu trying to put in the slip ring without unplugging the battery? The battery that was plugged into the tank was a nimh battery. Thanks for your help.

Comment

So did it ever work? Depending on where you got the tank, it couldn't hurt to see if the seller would replace the MCFU, if you find it's the problem. If they sell a slip ring, they're acknowledging you are going to install it yourself.

I'd guess installing the slip ring incorrectly wouldn't fry the MCFU, but I'm not an expert. The circuits in the turret are all DC except for the IR receiver, which is DC and a Signal. Are you just plugging the slip ring in line, or are you re-soldering wires? If you'd crossed red & black, the motors would run backwards and the lights simply wouldn't work, not blow up the MCFU. I fried one a while back, but that was crossing the red & black from the battery. Having said that, I have had a couple fail, maybe two out of 30.

Always look for the simplest thing first, which is why I recommend checking wires.

Regarding the slip ring, they can be unreliable; a bunch of swipers and surfaces. Instead, I just zip tie the wires coming out of the turret to keep them from tangling and don't spin the turret more than two full rotations without running it back.

Comment

Ok. Good to know. I got the tank from MotionRC a few months ago. I don't think that they will replace the mfcu. I am to try all wires again and see if I missed one or maybe plugged a wire in the wrong port. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks again

Comment

Hey Bob,
                  I started over. I pulled all the wires back out and started putting them back into the MFCU and apparently put them in the correct way this time...lol. I still don't know what I did wrong the first time but least it is working like a champ now. Thanks again for all your help and input involving this manner. Thanks again!!

Comment

Glad it's fixed. 90 percent of non-functions in our HL tanks can be traced to human error, at least in my case!

Comment

Working...
                    X