You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Diego battle 6 November, Modern A.I.M.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
    Here are some video clips of our battlefield during the November A.I.M battle event. The same quality issues exist as in the above post. The tanks look like ants! The day was perfect though, just average for San Diego! (Dig, dig).

Hi Bob,
    despite you are not being to happy with the video quality:
    Thanks for posting it anyway.
    It gave me at least a better Idea about this special battle field setup.

I try to pay attention to how other tankers are engaging and using their battle grounds.
    Reason is, that I will have to create one day my own battleground and hope that will interest people in my home area to try their hands on some tanking fun.
    Pretty much what DavidN is doing, although he has a club nearby.
    It's still a long way away for me.

Hope to see more vids from that San Diego field.

CCC

Comment

You should talk with Rich Johnson, who found and hosts this field. There is a definite objective here - long distances are a major feature that require maneuver and accuracy of aim as opposed to point blank shotgun style slugfests.
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by cpt.chaos canada View Post

Hi Bob,
        despite you are not being to happy with the video quality:
        Thanks for posting it anyway.
        It gave me at least a better Idea about this special battle field setup.

I try to pay attention to how other tankers are engaging and using their battle grounds.
        Reason is, that I will have to create one day my own battleground and hope that will interest people in my home area to try their hands on some tanking fun.
        Pretty much what DavidN is doing, although he has a club nearby.
        It's still a long way away for me.

Hope to see more vids from that San Diego field.

CCC
        The best battle fields IMO are ones where no tank type has any real overall advantage. To tight and it favors small tanks, to open and it favors larger faster tanks.

So some areas of CQB (city or terrain) and some open areas of long range shooting or higher speed maneuvering.

Keep in mind that not everyone wants WW2 only battles especially younger tankers. In fact modern/Cold War type battles are becoming the must have theme to draw in new tankers.

Other then that have clear rules and guidelines and stick to them. This makes for fair and balanced tanks to battle and when rules are followed a better overall gaming experience is had by all.

Here is an example of a well laid out field from a club in Italy. Click image for larger version

Name:	9F08664B-B3C2-4D44-B4A1-4183351C74C2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	362063

Comment

I see some long sniping sight lines!
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
          X