X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHPC

Not an RC tank but fun none the less!. Thought I would post this up in case any of you tankers out there haven't seen this yet. It's a blast! be sure to check em out online.

Video 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POCc4Xvrf24&t=2s

Video 2
    The latest update to "Gunner, HEAT, PC!" adds US tanker voices! All in-game clips shown have their original audio without editing.For more info, check out ht...

Pretty cool!
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I hadn't seen this but after seeing the demo I'm stoked. Now the problem is I need to somehow put together a computer with a GPU to support these modern games...

Clay

Comment

War thunder is still better......

Comment

Originally posted by Ace190 View Post
          War thunder is still better......
          If you like to play against cheaters, glitchers and companies who make 20 accounts and then go online on one map at the same time to take over that map by all 20 of those accounts/players known as "Farming" to gain points and discredit anyone else on there who just might be wanting to try and play an honest "Game", then yes it's better. World Of Tanks, War Thunder and games alike are just that, (games) and are a platform for these types of players who can't succeed in a real simulation because it's just to hard or too boring for them then yes, it is better. I only deal in simulation and your comparing oranges and apples and that just doesn't compare to simulations. Even "first person shooters" are this way "online" with all the glitching and yes even cheaters who just can't respect what the actual game was intended and designed for so they must cheat and disrupt the entire gaming platform and session just to make themselves feel better 😂😂😂

Comment

I find true tank simulators to slow and boring...just my opinion. I do play World of Tanks, but really only because my account is like 12 years old and I have all the Tier 10 tanks. I enjoy being able to jump into a battle quickly and if I get frustrated to stop.

Comment

Well, I ended up scrounging a box together from spare bits. Downloaded GHPC and... the old nVidia card can't handle it but the rest of the computer can. The GPU was at 99% the entire time at 10 fps or slower (even at the "Potato" setting) but I can see this being a fun game. Thank you for the tip for sure, I'll have to see what I can find in a mid-high video card now that can run this.

Switching around vehicles in the Fun Drive and shooting at some vehicles was all I did but it was pretty cool even at the slow framerate. My daughter seemed to show some interest...

Clay

Comment

After "evaluating" these 3 games over the weekend (with new nVidia card) here's my thoughts:

GHPC: I love it, probably due to the more realistic nature of the game. There's no highlights of enemies in the area, you have to work with your commander to identify threats and eliminate them. This game isn't for kids or for people with sensitive ears, contains explicit words as the commander gets concerned about the vehicle's safety!

War Thunder: It's fun enough however I definitely agree, there's people on there that are "professional" gamers. My daughter has fun with that game and has even shown interest in flying planes. We also tried a naval battle but that will take more time to get used to. I do like that there are tutorials and beginner like levels to help you get more accustomed to the game which helped my daughter. Some battles though we get eliminated quickly, and the replays show the long range ability of the enemy that got us.

World Of Tanks: So far, it seems there's a bug and although the game says it's running, it's not.

On the PC, using 2 controllers allows one of us to be the driver and the other to be the gunner in both GHPC and War Thunder. War Thunder's details of course have my daughter thinking about what else we can do to weather our tanks, and she's showing more interest in the older tanks as we use German iron. This PC we are using is nothing special, just a 2017 vintage small form factor HP box with a core i5, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD and the newly installed Gigabyte/ nVidia GT1030 GPU with 2GB DDR5 ram. After not being into gaming really for a long time I didn't realize that most of the work is now done on the GPU, and the rest of the computer actually stays more or less idle.

Anyway, good stuff for a rainy day which we're hopefully expecting here in Nor-Cal!

Clay

Comment

Working...
                X