X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Tanker looking at either the HL Panther G vs T-34/85

Planning on buying my first 1/16 scale tank in the next couple of weeks. Have narrowed it down to either the Heng Long Panther G or T-34/85.

is either one better for the first time tanker? Pro vs Cons of one or the other?

Originally posted by wolfhound0023@gmail.com View Post
    Planning on buying my first 1/16 scale tank in the next couple of weeks. Have narrowed it down to either the Heng Long Panther G or T-34/85.

is either one better for the first time tanker? Pro vs Cons of one or the other?
    T34 is slightly more reliable and robust if used outdoors in rough terrain or loose soil. Otherwise both are about equal.

With either get the metal track option if it is within your budget.

Comment

My son has the Panther G, and I have the T-34/85, and we haven't had any issues with either one. We mainly run them indoors, so we stuck with the plastic tracks so as not to incur the wrath of She Who Must Be Obeyed by running them on the bamboo flooring. We have also run them out in the yard and on the concrete pavement without any issue as well. The only gripe I have about the Panther G is that the hatch over the on/off switch is held on by these really fragile tabs. The hatch doesn't really snap into it, and the tabs don't allow the hatch to rotate the way it should, so if you're not careful, you will break those tabs off. The tabs were actually already broken on first one we received, so we had to send it back.

Comment

Working...
      X