X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L7 105mm Nato tank gun barrels

As some of you know I had contracted a friend to make my friends and I and a few fortunate others that got in on the project a hand full of these fine machined gun barrels for our tanks.

My Leopard 1 projects as well as the coming Centurian and M60s (from henglong) prompted this original aluminum barrel project as I knew that they would eventualy be coming and was happy to see the Tamiya released one as well.

(note, so far the gun barrels on the previous henglong now Coolbank models, just look absolutely terrible compared to what it should look like as mine does for scale accuracy. The early m60 round turret, and m60a1 both had a profile barrel without heat shield. One could backdate his green model to an a1 with this barrel and back date the IDF Magatch 7 with my barrel as well as use it in the USMC M60a1 RISE, his tan US version for the proper barrel)

Due to the popularity and for some the high cost, I have produced a urethane version of the 1/16 scale Nato L7 gun barrel. It is an exact copy of my aluminum gun barrel my friend made for me.

It has a 6mm bore with a thick wall brass tube the full length. Just about any model LED will chase down the barrel perfectly as well as IR bulbs or other things.

Some benefit from this lighter urethane gun barrel will be less bounce in the gun during off road driving and recoil wile firing. Feedback from Centurian owners has been that while my aluminum gun barrel was a perfect fit the added weight of the fume extractor out front did add to barrel bounce visually, Though I did not get a baseline on how much the stock tamiya barrel bounced, which is a heavy turned aluminum barrel just without the profile and extractor, Im sure this urethane one will bounce much less during driving due to the much lighter weight of it.

They are a generic gun barrel, they can be made to fit by a competent modeler in just about any tank that one can fit them into. I offer a custom fitting of for the Tamiya Centurian for $10

The photos below show first a preped and primed barrel ready for install. A comparison to its master, the aluminum model and the red putty in the defect areas after slight sanding. This process is very complicated to produce and this is typically the best that can be expected from urethane. There are tiny divets on the bottom side of the barrel only as seen by the red dots and then some parting line putty and sanding that is required to have a perfect model.

I make them available in a few grades as follows

Premium- primed and ready to be painted and installed in your tank (also available without primer on request) $75

Modeler grade- small divets on the bottom and parting lines need to be puttied and sanded $45

Custom fitting and tapping for drop in to the Tamiya Centurain $10

All prices are plus CA sales tax and shipping USPS priority mail.

Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG5958.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.4 KB ID:	361487Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG5956.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	361485Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG5955.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.6 KB ID:	361488Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG5954.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	361484
    Attached Files
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Oooo, these look great. I particularly like the continuous 6 mm diameter bore. The originals, which I have one of, have a narrow area near the middle where the turned sections go together.
    I will be ordering a couple of these soon. Having to replace my old refrigerator this month has put a bit of a dent in my monthly hobby fund!

Comment

With another Tamiya Centurion and maybe a couple of M60s soon to be added to my fleet these new lighter 105mm barrels are coming just in time.

Comment

Please advise if you could make this in 1/25th to fit the Tamiya Centurion, thanks!

Comment

Nope, sorry dont have that capability I only work in 1/16 scale
          RC tank parts and accessories I make
          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Working...
          X