• Texas Armor Association Battle Day 11/19/2022

Details

Battle Day​: SATURDAY AT 10 AM – 2 PM

Event by Texas Armor Association

Where: Bomberfield USA

Map: https://www.google.com/maps/dir//139...d29.939351!3e0

Duration: 4 hr

Public · Anyone on or off Facebook

We are a group of people that have a common interest in RC Tanks.
    Mostly the 1/16 scale variety with Tamiya compatible battle system.
    We battle monthly on our outdoor battlefield in Monaville Texas.​
    If you are interested in battling and don't have a tank, the members
    usually have extras.

Great to see you posting your battles. 👍👍👍👍

Comment

Well you know...saw some other folks doing it...lol... Was going to post it earlier in the week, but forgot. Been trying to repair a few of my vehicles I broke last battle. My ZTZ-99 track pins kept walking out so I superglued them in. I also drug the rear unditching log and fuel tanks on the ground which dislodged them. Had to reattach all of that stuff and found out a sprocket screw was missing. I found some replacements and blue lock tighted them in with some lock washers. Still need to adjust track tension on the PZ3. The SU-152 gun mount won't be fixed before this battle so the new KV-1E will be fielded instead. Had some T-34/85 maintenance to do. Some of the suspension arms got loose so I had to retighten them, but they hadn't been touched in like 4 battle days so no wonder they were loose.

Other than that I just have some batteries to charge and I'm ready to go...

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
        Well you know...saw some other folks doing it...lol... Was going to post it earlier in the week, but forgot. Been trying to repair a few of my vehicles I broke last battle. My ZTZ-99 track pins kept walking out so I superglued them in. I also drug the rear unditching log and fuel tanks on the ground which dislodged them. Had to reattach all of that stuff and found out a sprocket screw was missing. I found some replacements and blue lock tighted them in with some lock washers. Still need to adjust track tension on the PZ3. The SU-152 gun mount won't be fixed before this battle so the new KV-1E will be fielded instead. Had some T-34/85 maintenance to do. Some of the suspension arms got loose so I had to retighten them, but they hadn't been touched in like 4 battle days so no wonder they were loose.

Other than that I just have some batteries to charge and I'm ready to go...
        Sounds about like what so many of have to go through before a battle day👍👍. Make sure to post up a bunch of pictures on this thread of the battles. I am sure like me there are others that would love to see them.

Comment

I wish Ilived nearby.

Comment

Wish I could make it...Damn. I would love to fly my drone overhead. Tank Me: How receptive would that be to the club? Or to the crowd, you think?

Comment

Ken, to barge in.. I tried drone overflights in the last San Diego battle. Not really successful. To get close enough to see the tanks large enough, you have to get real low. The tank operators are usually very near to their tanks and are concentrating on them, so low and close isn't really practical. Depends on the camera, of course, but action cams are typically wide angle, complicating the issue.
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
                Wish I could make it...Damn. I would love to fly my drone overhead. Tank Me: How receptive would that be to the club? Or to the crowd, you think?
                Since it is an RC airfield also it really depends on whether or not others are there flying. I know we have had some take some picks of their helos flying over the 1/16 battlefield. I personally don't care if it flys over the field.

Comment

When I say flying overhead, Im talking about 1-2' off the deck...

Roger that, and thank you.

Comment

Looks like the turnout will be really limited or none today due to the weather. Rain and electronics don't go well together. Since I have to drive an hour and 45 minutes to get to the field I'm passing due to the weather.

Comment

Working...
                    X