X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL Tiger 1 7.0 Machine Gun up-grade

Hi - I am new to this forum as I just received my new tank - I want to do a couple of up-grades like adding a barrel re-coil (it's just the upgrade model and I like the plastic tracks for now) and the smoking Machine Gun up-grade fromToucan hobbies - They say there are no instructions with the Machine Gun unit and I was wondering if anyone has had success with such an up-grade - Thanks - Steve up in Ottawa Canada

I have seen the machine gun kit, but havn't fooled with it. Im under the impression its wired just like the barrel smoker, in which case a parallel connection would probably apply if using both Keep in mind with the 7.0 MFU that has 0 servo support, the sound of the recoil with the barrel (main cannon) movement will be waaay off sinc.

Comment

OK Thanks - I understand - I have been reading and will upgrade the board when neccesary - I was thinking of a new speaker but the wife says its loud enough but I am gonna crack it open to inspect everything anyways ! - Steve

Comment

I was thinking of this one if you search ebay - Henglong Recoil Barrel BBUnit for 7.0 Tiger - That search may show you what I wanted I hope - It's $56. Thanks

Comment

Indeed. The recoil unit consists of the mantlet as well as the barell and BB launcher, so its specific to each individual tank. Your diving in deep and it makes me feel all warm & fuzzy. Dont be afraid to rip it completly apart....one day when you confidence is high. If your in this hobby any length of time, you will. These tanks are not that hard to figure out, and we have Many Experts here to guid you. Rubicon, SoCalBob & Rich Johnson to name just a few.

Back to barrel recoil: Sooner or later (maybe not) the BB launch system will loose its cool factor. Instead, having realistic action & looks will take priority. With a TK 6.1 Main board (which is no longer made BUT can still be had) you will have Servo recoil support instad of motor driven recoil support. With motor driven recoil, its almost impossible to sync the two together (Sound & Barrel Retraction). It can be made close, but Rubicon cant remeber where the write up he did along time ago went. Servo recoil is spot on, and the only thing you need is a decent micro servo along with a new recoil setup. I like high speed servo's as its much faster and lends itself to more realism. I, as well as a few others have Youtube video's showing it in action...Its not that hard to do. A TK 6.1 Main Board WILL rerquire a servo reversing circut to be added, because the 6.1 does not have it built in, Like the 7.1 does. Obviously the barell must RETRACT when firing, not the opposite. TK 7.1 main boards are easy to get, but be SURE you get one with a sound package thats at least close to the tank model your messing with. You dont want a turbine sound set with a WW2 tank. Plan on close to a $90 which ever way you go. A TK 6,1 has 4 sound packages-thats the advantage.

I actually began making my own speaker boxes for tanks. I make them just like a proper speaker enclosure is made for Home & Car audio. Speakers are cheap if you know where to look-Parts Express.

Im far from being any kind of expert like the before mentioned Guru's, but I do know LED's & Smoke units pretty well.....and sound.

Welcome to the Jungle-Its fun.

Comment

Thanks - Are you saying the item (sorry I can't figure out how to copy a link on this PC) will work with proper sync for re-coil with my 7.0 board ? I shall heed your words but I do like the BBs for now - I want to pester some squirrels up at the cottage next summer - Snow is deep up there now so I have some time to figure everything out.

Comment

Remeber you MUST add a servo !

Comment

Indeed that is what I want - I am considering all options and a new Clark board might be just the thing to start with - Then I can try to set up the smoking machine gun as well as a proper re-coil function - I would like to finalize plan after homework and make 1 order or a couple if different providers are involved - Gotta look at the budget and how to fit all in - Your speaker idea is good and I had considered it before and now realize its the way to go considering cost of other stuff - Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X