X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haya Centurion

Looks like the Haya Centurion is getting close to pre-order. The splash pages on the videos look the same, but they are different vids.

Yep we should see it ready for sale by Christmas 2023 🤞🤞

Comment

It does look like quite a well put together tank, but I'm not pre-ordering. I've been burned by one too many pre-orders in other hobbies. I'll wait till launch, and if they're good, I'll probably pick one up.

Comment

Just rec'd reply from Andrew, his pre-order price ex-VAT will be ÂŁ397 without electronics vs. ÂŁ458.33, or ÂŁ61 lower. If I were to preorder, I would just get it with electronics, I am almost certain the Clark 50s+Tx+Rx is more than that, though I really don't need another Tx.

Comment

Heng Long tank usually sells 4-5 times higher in cost in UK than in US. The Haya tank is not more expensive than the UK HL price which means that it is expensive. I am interested in both the chieftain and the centurions, but not at the UK price point. I have some old 1:25 scale, wire controlled kit that I never put together.
          Haya Chieftain Open Boxes - YouTube. UNBOXING HAYA Chieftain RC Tank - YouTube. BB Shooting with proper Barrel Recoil supported by a servo. Chieftain MG and Barrel ReCoil - YouTube. Chieftain 1/16 uphul Off - YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
            Heng Long tank usually sells 4-5 times higher in cost in UK than in US. The Haya tank is not more expensive than the UK HL price which means that it is expensive. I am interested in both the chieftain and the centurions, but not at the UK price point. I have some old 1:25 scale, wire controlled kit that I never put together.
            Haya is a UK company and you will most likely as with the Chieftain have to buy direct from them. There are a few others that sell Hayas tanks but they hold “map pricing”. Don’t expect to see the price go any lower.

For what is being offered the Haya Centurion pricing is VERY fair. Haya actually listen to the complaints about the Chieftain and insured they did not make the same design (cost cutting) decision with the Centurion. What will hurt the price after the pre sale is shipping cost to the US. Ouch!!! It’s really high.

The Chieftain although a great looking tank has some major issues that kept it form being a bigger hit. The lack of stock wheel bearings or the aftermarket option for them. Current the Chieftain is still all plastic road wheels riding on all plastic suspension arms a mix that wears out rather quickly if the tank is driven often or in soft soils (dirt sand slit). Also spare suspension arms to replace worn out ones are not easily accessible. HL began to changed from stock plastic on plastic in late 2018 because of these issues, only took them decades. Haya knew about HLs long running wear issues and many of us are sure they knew it would be a problem for them as well, but went ahead with plastic on plastic regardless. When Haya one day 🤞🤞releases a set of metal suspension arms for the Chieftain I will once again add a Chieftain to my collection.

Comment

I haven't run my Chieftain that much yet as I've had some issues keeping the metal tracks on her. Since it still has the Haya guts it hasn't gotten much love. One day I'll get the track issue fixed, but I have a lot of projects to work on already. Maybe by then Haya will release some replacement parts that fit the Chieftain. It does look like they addressed a lot of the issues so that they don't plaque the Centurion.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                I haven't run my Chieftain that much yet as I've had some issues keeping the metal tracks on her. Since it still has the Haya guts it hasn't gotten much love. One day I'll get the track issue fixed, but I have a lot of projects to work on already. Maybe by then Haya will release some replacement parts that fit the Chieftain. It does look like they addressed a lot of the issues so that they don't plaque the Centurion.
                tank_me Think I can use my Frsky X20s either in external Mult-Module driving the Flysky iA10B or in its native mode by swapping out the Rx? I am currently using the X20s driving all the Taigen/Torros.

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not sure as I now use my FrSky with my Tamiya and TCB based tanks. I have several Flysky transmitters, but I assign multiple tanks to each one.

Comment

tank_me Thanks. Will figure it out if I go ahead with the Haya, model pricing is fine, the shipping to the left coast OTOH is more than I expected.

Comment

Yeah, shipping from Europe can be a little steep.

Comment

Working...
                      X