X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Most if not all of the chargers with four buttons work excatly the same way...
    They should be, but not all 4 buttons charger are created the same.

When I first shopped for a Lithium smart charger, I purchased one of the no name iMAX B6 on Amazon. Its programming were all messed up and does not do what I expected. Learned the lesson and bought a SkyRC brand iMAX B6. the small charger has a built-in cooling fan for discharge operation. The program works as it should. I have been very happy with it.

It is a economic choice for occasional tanker. For tank battle day tanker, they need a beefier, more upscale charger to charge faster.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post

It is a economic choice for occasional tanker. For tank battle day tanker, they need a beefier, more upscale charger to charge faster.
      I would agree. Now that I have like a dozen batteries in my collection, I'm looking at a charger that can charge more than one at a time.

Comment

As far as batteries go... I've been using these Li-Ion batteries from Amazon, which come with their own charger, with good results and long run times. I can't say that either my daughter or I have run these down to the low volt cutoff before charging, so sadly I can't give you a runtime number. I can say that the runtime would be more than 30 minutes though!

I have not actually used my bigger charger on them; I just charge with the charger they come with but I can't say I've paid attention to how long it takes to charge them. These batteries "fit" in the compartment in both the Abrams and the Leopard, but if the compartment is any smaller they won't.

Clay

Comment

The best deal in Lithium Ion battery pack is the Kluosi battery that Tank_me introduced us to.
          Kluosi Uav Lithium-ion Battery 7.4 V / 8.4v3.5ah 2s1p Use Single Cell Ncr18650ga Combination Suitable For Different Drones - Battery Packs - AliExpress

This 2S1P pack can be used directly on any newer Heng Long tank with XT-60 connector. Tank_me verified that the NCR18650GA
          cells used on this pack are premium cells that is true to the rating. At 3500 mAh, it can run a HL at top speed for close to 2 hours and even longer in normal on-off tank operation. At $10 per pack, it is better price than Samsung or LG Li-Ion 18650 individual cells.

The Amazon 2S2P pack used by ccarley is more likely an 1 hour pack (2200 mAh) which is twice the run time of the OEM HL pack. It is a very good deal too since the pack has a balance charge plug and the 2 pack deal comes with a balance charge module. It helps avoid overcharging and extend battery life. Otherwise, you will need to invest $50 on an 80 watts B6 iMAX charger as minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
            The best deal in Lithium Ion battery pack is the Kluosi battery that Tank_me introduced us to.
            Kluosi Uav Lithium-ion Battery 7.4 V / 8.4v3.5ah 2s1p Use Single Cell Ncr18650ga Combination Suitable For Different Drones - Battery Packs - AliExpress

This 2S1P pack can be used directly on any newer Heng Long tank with XT-60 connector. Tank_me verified that the NCR18650GA
            cells used on this pack are premium cells that is true to the rating. At 3500 mAh, it can run a HL at top speed for close to 2 hours and even longer in normal on-off tank operation. At $10 per pack, it is better price than Samsung or LG Li-Ion 18650 individual cells.
            I have one Kluosi 2S1P Li-Ion pack on order which will be delivered in late December. I plan to use my B6 smart charger to measure its real world capacity. Hopefully, I may get close to the 3500 mAh that the seller advertises. I will also measure the run time at top speed on a stationary dynamo (a piece of 2x4.).

Comment

Working...
            X