X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-90 Scratch and Dent Impulse Buy

I was planning on getting a T-90 at some point, but I didn't think it would be this soon. I saw Motion RC had a full metal (wheels, sprockets, tracks, idlers, and gearboxes) pro T-90 in their "Specials" "Open Box" section that said it didn't power up. I figured if the main board was shot, I end up replacing them with an aftermarket board anyway so I bought it.

It arrived today so I started by checking the Li-Ion battery with a voltage monitor and it had a good charge. I installed the battery and flipped the switch...nothing. I expected that though so I popped the cover off and took a multimeter to the on/off switch...nothing. I was like hmmmm...so I made sure the connections were tight to the controller board and guess what...the power switch was plugged into the wrong port on the board. After moving the switch to the CN1 connection...she sprung to life, but...no sound. I made sure the HL speaker was plugged into the right port and it was so at that point I dug into my spare speaker box. I found a spare HL speaker and voila...sound. Everything else tested good so I put all the accessories back on the tank. Only one tow hook was missing. Luckily I have spares from my T-72s of that part so I saved myself $70 on this one.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Excellent score, tank_me!

Comment

I agree excellent and have bought a few open box items. Sometimes it a good deal and sometimes there are a lot more things wrong than the ad said. I tend to be very wary of what they say as I've seen them sell returns that where cut apart after assembly to send back to Motion and then sold as new-ish.

Comment

Working...
      X