X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving tank battle for the kids

I'm always looking on how to make things better, and having 4 kids at our place (including our daughter) I wanted to enable them to have a fun tank battle, with no hurt feelings at the end of the day. My daughter and I set up a temporary course in the backyard, using firewood, cardboard boxes (that she decorated), and styrofoam blocks that have T-72 images taped to them, hiding in the garden ready to attack.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0687.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	362351

Nobody was to shoot at each other, since they typically gang up on someone and take them out. I figured this way, they all had a common "enemy". Sadly, I got no photos of the action... I had to retreat to the kitchen to fill my duties there. However the kids all had a great time and were entertained for an hour or more. The kids were not to cross over the wood to get too close to the enemy tanks, that would be cheating, but of course they quickly found the tanks easily able to roll over most any bits of firewood out there. Nobody shot at anyone else, and of course there was an adult out there to monitor.

In addition to the fun they had, my daughter spent the prior evening and all morning working on the "buildings" after seeing some videos of RC tank battle areas online. She especially liked the burned building and cut up one box to make it look burned down. She had to have a barn of course, and I can't quite figure out what the other buildings are yet but I'm sure she'll have an explanation.

Anyway, simple fun. The only issue really was that a battery was connected incorrectly on one of the cousin's tanks and it melted it's internal wiring (battery plugged in... "hey look it's working!" as smoke is pouring out of the top of the turret!). Not a big deal as we have a couple extra tanks for use :) I was able to repair the wiring on that tank though; it must have been 30 gauge or smaller and acted like a fusible link.

Clay

Great Idea.
    Sounds like an all-round successful fun event.
    Kudos to your Daughter for all her creative work.

CCC​

Comment

Working...
    X