X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWBY QUESTION

Will any other manufacturer's IR system work with Heng Long's IR system?

Thanx for any help in advance!
    Chuck

HL M4A1 1/16, HL T34/85 1/16, 1943 White M3A1 Halftrack 1/1

Originally posted by ezmoneychuck View Post
    Will any other manufacturer's IR system work with Heng Long's IR system?

Thanx for any help in advance!
    Chuck

HL M4A1 1/16, HL T34/85 1/16, 1943 White M3A1 Halftrack 1/1
    6.0-7.1 HL systems are Tamiya protocol compliant so any system that uses this protocol will be able to interface with each other.

Comment

Thanx for the response. I was really hoping that Mato tanks would work, but glad to know at least Tamiya does.

Chuck

Comment

Mato tank works too, but the IR emitter isn't very strong. If remember correctly, it only shoot at target up to 15 feet. And the receiver is not very sensitive either. Maybe it can be played indoor.

Comment

Any of the Mato tanks that use a Clark board like the TK-22 can battle with Heng Long 6.x/7.x as they are all Tamiya compliant IR systems. The Taigen systems traditionally haven't been on the Tamiya standard, but there seems to be a daughter board that converts them to the Tamiya standard. When we say standard it just means they can take and give hits to other tanks and not do all the things the Tamiya tanks can. Tamiya/Clark/IBU/Elmod/ASP boards will slow the tank down as it get more and more hits plus it only fires at set intervals depending on the weight class of the tank (light, medium, and heavy).

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
            A. Tamiya/Clark/IBU/Elmod/ASP boards will slow the tank down as it get more and more hits plus it only fires at set intervals depending on the weight class of the tank (light, medium, and heavy).
            If you play by Tamiya Club rules. I realize not all clubs do. This is where the HL get into trouble as the HL tanks can spam fire and the Tamiya can't. Plus the damage slow makes the HL people get yelled at LOL.
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post

If you play by Tamiya Club rules. I realize not all clubs do. This is where the HL get into trouble as the HL tanks can spam fire and the Tamiya can't. Plus the damage slow makes the HL people get yelled at LOL.
              If the HL players adhere to the 6/6/LP rules for their tanks vs Tamiya protocol tanks then the two can match up quite well up to a 50/50 mix on the field. The 6/6/LP rule (6 count between shots, 6 hits and ONLY run on Low Power mode). The problem comes in the oversight of this. Some club officials do not like to enforce rules and once a few people start bending them it all goes down hill fast. This is not just a HL thing, Clark’s, IBU, Emod and others are often programmed with “cheat” advantages over Tamiyas such as faster loading times, far less damage speed reduction (or none) for a similar number of hits or higher number of hits required to destroy them for a given class.

More problems actually occur with Clark users vs HL users because the Clark users are often not willing to reprogram their tanks or do not have the ability to reprogram their tanks at events. With HL users it usually only requires a reminder of the rules and or a simple “flick of a switch” to get them back into compliance.

Comment

Just my opinion, if you are going to buy a Clark you need to invest in a way to program it. So many of the functions simply don't work right if you don't program them to do so. I always bring my Clark programmer to the battle along with the manual I've printed, but that is just me. I actually do get frustrated when I battle my Clarks that have been tuned for tank class against someone running around shooting as fast as they can with a HL tank. Gets annoying really fast.

Comment

Just my opinion, if you are going to buy a Clark you need to invest in a way to program it. So many of the functions simply don't work right if you don't program them to do so. I always bring my Clark programmer to the battle along with the manual I've printed, but that is just me. I actually do get frustrated when I battle my Clarks that have been tuned for tank class against someone running around shooting as fast as they can with a HL tank. Gets annoying really fast.
                  I wish we had more people that would invest in the reprograming remote like you and also care enough to know how to reprogram with it.

HL tanks are not an issues in and of themselves, but players have to be monitored or they will tend to fire a bit quickly. Most often not intentionally just a “heat of battle” thing and that can be understandable especially for a newer player. A simple reminder “usually” does the trick in stopping it.

Personal I like to battle more with my Tamiyas, but find that I almost have to run a HL in order to have an even chance especially once the ratio of Tamiya protocol tanks drops below the 50/50 mix mark which is now almost at every event.

The new club out here in SoCal the Irvine Tank Club focuses their battles on HL only tanks or more so HL only tanks. They use a modified 6/6/LP rule and substitute Low Power for High Power. Makes for a fast game.

With Tamiya pulling back substantially from the tank market and the ease of making a relatively cheap 6.0+ HL and new Taigen tanks more battle worthy with the addition of a better aftermarket IR receiver is quickly changing the IR battle landscape. Clubs either need to evolve and become inclusive or find themselves dying out.

The positive note is HL has looked at adding in their own tank class and damage speed reductions similar to Tamiyas. They have the programs ready, but have not included them as of yet because they don’t hear or see enough reason to (they see their products as toys first and foremost). Also they know they would have to upgrade their IR receivers and that would raise costs something they don’t want to do. I suspect thats the real reason. Maybe in the next 8.0 / 8.1 generation of MFUs🤞🤞 and seeing that Tamiya has raised the white flag HL will finally make the move to a 100% battle protocols option.

Comment

I know the LegoDEI apple fixes the issues of the HL taking hits, but most folks battling in HL tanks are using the stock HL apple with or without a sunshade. Being so, the HL tanks don't take hits as well as my Clark or Tamiya equipped tanks.

Comment

I know the LegoDEI apple fixes the issues of the HL taking hits, but most folks battling in HL tanks are using the stock HL apple with or without a sunshade. Being so, the HL tanks don't take hits as well as my Clark or Tamiya equipped tanks.
                      That is the TRUTH !! Out here the three clubs have come to require the LegoDEI receivers on HL tanks before the second attended event. One event to come check things out, the next we require the new IR receiver. The majority of the time we also have “set up” basic HL loaner tanks for them to battle with on their first event instead of using their stock tank. This helps with the issues and let’s them see the difference and enjoy the day.

It was kinda expensive to start lending out HL tanks (I used to be the only one doing this) but we now have several members (between the three clubs) doing so and the cost is now actually minimal to maintain the ability.

Comment

Working...
                      X