Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3 Grant/Lee 1/16 Scale

Does anyone know of a RTR M3 model?

As an alternative to RTR, has anyone completed one of the conversion kits, if so was it relatively painless?

Here's my thread.

I think this will be a project for me in the near future, after a couple of things already in progress. It's a 3D printed mod for the HL Sherman, made in Russia. I'm thinking of putting the main gun LED in the hull gun, and the MG LED in the turret. No airsoft, it doesn't look like there's enough room, and I'm not sure if I can

No, it's not easy. Mine is a Vandramodel resin conversion kit. You'll need to cut down the gearboxes and cut away some of the top hull. To make the turret turn you'll have to fashion your own new ring gear. You'll have to make your own mechanisms for main gun traverse and elevation. None of that is part of the resin kit. Purists say the turret and the main gun barrel aren't the correct size, and the bogies aren't period correct, but everybody I show mine to recognizes it as an M3 Lee!

I've seen ads for a made up one online, but it's for around $1000, and it looks like it's built on a Heng Long chassis.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
    X