X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turret sticking

Hi boys, I just got a t-90 pro and the turret only goes around about 270 degrees before jamming, in both directions. What up?

Sounds like you will have to open it up and see what's going on. I had found on my Abrams, it didn't take much for wiring hanging up to stop the turret from turning. Opening it up should be pretty easy, just a few phillips screws on the bottom of the tank and carefully lift the top of the hull... you may just see the issue right then.

Good luck,
    Clay

Comment

Tanks alot, I'll give it a go

Comment

Not all tanks do a 360° turret

Comment

Some companies only give you a full 360 degree turret gear if the have installed an electrical slip ring so you don't wind up the wires and break or pull them out if you lose track of how many rotations you made and which way. That may be your situation.

Comment

I found it, i opened it up and see that they ended a 1/4in of the teeth with a flat piece of plastic so i cut it off and now it turns 360

Comment

Originally posted by geoarg View Post
              I found it, i opened it up and see that they ended a 1/4in of the teeth with a flat piece of plastic so i cut it off and now it turns 360
              The turret ring gear with the blocked teeth is considered the 270 degree turret. Cutting them into gear teeth will allow the turret to spin 360 degrees, but if you turn the turret around too much without a slip ring you will eventually break the wires inside.

Comment

Originally posted by geoarg View Post
                as tank_me said that block is there by design. your turret is only supposed to turn 270 degrees either way. this is to protect the wires and, now that you cut that without installing a slip ring you run the risk of breaking the wires and making your tank inoperable.

Comment

One thing to consider regarding electrical slip rings. The ones that I have seen sold for model tanks have very thin wires that are very prone to breakage. So, ironically, installing one to avoid the possibility of winding up and breaking wires may lead to actual breakage during installation. Heavier duty slip rings are sold though, so you may want to shop around if you go that route.
                  On the other hand, there is seldom a reason to spin the turret round and round on your model tank. If you simply make sure all the wires going between turret and hull have enough slack to handle several rotations and make an effort to balance clockwise and counter clockwise rotation you won't have much problem. Top of the line Tamiya tanks do not use slip rings, instead depending on having enough slack in their wires.

Comment

Thanks guys, well it ends up the ammo box i just put on the back blocks the turret anyway from doing a 360. So thx for all the input

Comment

Working...
                    X