Clear All

• Toucan Hobby

A few weeks ago I received an email from Toucan Hobby

Click image for larger version

Name:	TOUCAN XMAS PRESENT.png
Views:	427
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	363184

I responded. Today I came home from work and.....
    Even though it is a plastic 7.0 version, I am very happy with the present they gave me for Christmas :-)

Name:	IMG_6554.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	363186Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6555.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	363187

Comment

That was really nice of them.

Comment

Nice gesture. Toucan is first rate
        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
          I responded. Today I came home from work and.....
          Even though it is a plastic 7.0 version, I am very happy with the present they gave me for Christmas :-)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6554.jpg Views:	14 Size:	107.0 KB ID:	363186Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6555.jpg Views:	13 Size:	122.7 KB ID:	363187
          👍👍👏👏👍👍

I got a similar email, Toucan has been doing this for the last few years. They comp’t me on a HL metal servo recoil system I had been watching. Toucan is a good company, they track what you watch and buy on eBay, the more you buy the better deals you get. They understand CS and how to keep customers coming back.

Motion RC could learn a few things about taking care of those that have been loyal and promoted their offerings.

HL metal servo recoil and elevation system.

Name:	5FE00245-A448-4688-9053-10FA8E704C39.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	363262Click image for larger version

Name:	48DEF07F-E826-4BE0-B754-64EB756D11D1.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	363263

Comment

Very cool, Toucan definitely seems like a good company.

By the way... have you noticed the sale prices on their site lately?

Clay

Comment

That is very cool David. Toucan is indeed a good company to deal with. That is class 1 customer support right there.
              But really, did you need another tank LOL.
              Im going to drop a hint right now and say don’t do anything with that Sherman as I’m going to highly likely be offering HVSS conversion kits for henglong Shermans very soon. I myself have one of those I just opened as my prototype test platform. Stay tuned for more to follow in the new year.
              RC tank parts and accessories I make
              www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

DavidN That was very nice of Toucan, but like Rich said, do you need another? Especially a Sherman, LOL!

RichJohnson That's great news, can't wait...

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
                  DavidN That was very nice of Toucan, but like Rich said, do you need another? Especially a Sherman, LOL!

Toucan somehow noticed that I have an extra set of track T49 and wanted me to make them useful, lol.

Name:	IMG_6556.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	363241

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post

Or they found out that my friend converted his M4 to a T23 using the OKMO kits from DKLMRC. They wanted me to convert my Christmas present to one too. Here is the one from my friend:

Name:	312528012_1507334053077111_7992675652752514759_n.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	363243Click image for larger version

Name:	281086080_955433578480155_3607157533545145597_n.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	363244

Comment

Or they found out that my friend converted his M4 to a T23 using the OKMO kits from DKLMRC. They wanted me to convert my Christmas present to one too. Here is the one from my friend:

Click image for larger version  Name:	312528012_1507334053077111_7992675652752514759_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.4 KB ID:	363243Click image for larger version  Name:	281086080_955433578480155_3607157533545145597_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.7 KB ID:	363244
                      Its a good turret and easy to install. The barrel is a bit to long but it is easy to shorten to the correct length. Just make sure to add a metal inner barrel support tube because the 3D printed barrel can tend to warp in direct sunlight or high heat.

My DKLM T23 on a HL M4 with T49 tracks running a 7.1 system and upgraded motors and gearboxes.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	AD647BB9-E8A3-441F-B708-5468129E94A1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	261.1 KB ID:	363261

Comment

If the gun is too long that would make it a T36? Nice tank
                        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Name:	312528012_1507334053077111_7992675652752514759_n.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	363243Click image for larger version

Name:	281086080_955433578480155_3607157533545145597_n.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	363244
                          That is a Tamiya chassis and metal track. Hard to find and afford now a days.
                          If all goes well, I hope to be producing the HVSS kits I collaborated with in design in the next couple months. It’s going to get really fun with Shermans.

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post

If all goes well, I hope to be producing the HVSS kits I collaborated with in design in the next couple months. It’s going to get really fun with Shermans.
                            If Andy can do it, I know you can do it better. Im wonderimg however if you can address all the shortcomings of the Hooben, such as metal suspension, tracks, & lack of wheel bearings, I'd buy in a heartbeat. I realize the HVSS suspension is quite complex and probably cost prohibitive?

Comment

I am not touching the Hooben Fury. while the top looks good it can be fitted onto a tamiya or later once I am offering HL compatible HVSS, maybe it can be put on a HL chassis. Not my concern. There are not many of them out there at this point and its not what I am trying to market to. Sorry just not interested. Been there done that with a tamiya chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                                I am not touching the Hooben Fury. while the top looks good it can be fitted onto a tamiya or later once I am offering HL compatible HVSS, maybe it can be put on a HL chassis. Not my concern. There are not many of them out there at this point and its not what I am trying to market to. Sorry just not interested. Been there done that with a tamiya chassis.
                                I know all too well your stance on the Hooben, as you taught me well. What I was trying to say is, are you planning on addressing all of that brand/tanks shortcommings with your design.

You answered another question I had, and thats what you are developing (running gear or a whole new tank) and if just running gear, for what brand(s).

Comment

In case anyone missed this, Andy had a Easy 8 Sherman produced for his brand. It looks pretty decent, at 1/16 scale, but not really RC convertable unless your skilled way past my level (thats not saying much, I know). Being all plastic, it might as well be a Hooben look-a-like

*BACK IN STOCK - LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE Andy's Hobby Headquarters1/16 M4A3E8 Sherman "Easy Eight"  Don't miss out - get yours for $139.99 while they last. Highly detailed plastic model.Features Include: Metal barrel Full body figure Individual track links Workable suspension

Comment

From what I've seen from Andy's Sherman, the detail is far superior to the Tamiya Sherman or any other Sherman I've seen. I say that because it has all the casting, texture, and weld detail that the Tamiyas don't have. As it sits it is not suitable for R/C, but it would not be hard to put it on an already R/C ready chassis. The Tamiya is basically a plastic model made to be R/C. I own both the Andy's kit and a Tamiya Sherman so I'm not just going by what others have said. The detail on the Andy's Sherman is far superior IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                                      From what I've seen from Andy's Sherman, the detail is far superior to the Tamiya Sherman or any other Sherman I've seen. I say that because it has all the casting, texture, and weld detail that the Tamiyas don't have. As it sits it is not suitable for R/C, but it would not be hard to put it on an already R/C ready chassis. The Tamiya is basically a plastic model made to be R/C. I own both the Andy's kit and a Tamiya Sherman so I'm not just going by what others have said. The detail on the Andy's Sherman is far superior IMO.
                                      Thank you! Maybe I should get the E8 from Andy. I will use as much as I can from the kits on my M4 that I received as the Xmas present from Toucan.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                                        Yes, I agree....however what this hobby is in dire need of is a Easy 8 Sherman with metal running gear/suspension. I'm hoping that's what Rich is working on..

The Hooben by the way is detailed very well....and has a great scale appearance....but thats about it. Everyting else about the tank sux, including the plastic used to mold it.

Comment

Working...
                                        X