X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger 1

Guys I just got my first tank 2 weeks ago and have about 3-4 hours total time running indoor on flat surface. My sound has suddenly quit. I recharged the battery and re-set the sound settings. Problem is still not working. Any advice before I contact Motion RC ? Rex

Forgot to say it is the Pro version from Motion RC

Comment

Open it and make sure the plugs are still well seated.

Comment

Press the V button, while nudging the left joystick up a few times and see what happens..

Comment

Originally posted by jetfool View Post
          Guys I just got my first tank 2 weeks ago and have about 3-4 hours total time running indoor on flat surface. My sound has suddenly quit. I recharged the battery and re-set the sound settings. Problem is still not working. Any advice before I contact Motion RC ? Rex
          If it is a 7.0 version you blew your speaker. The 7.0 can put out more power then the stock speaker can handle. Believe it or not that is actually a good thing for later upgrades. In order not to blow out a speaker with the 7.0 I recommend not running the volume above setting three.

The speaker is easy and cheap to replace. Lots of folks upgraded their speakers when the stock one blows out so this is a good opportunity for you to do so as well. The benefit is louder and even more clear sound effects.

Comment

It is the 7.0 version. I thought i had it set on a lower setting but maybe not. Is there a way to check with a volt meter to be sure before I purchase another speaker. Was driving it in HS gym during an indoor fly when it quit. Thanks for all your advice. Really enjoying this tank. Best Regards, Rex

Comment

Well easy way to tell if the speaker is dead or not is with a multimeter on the resistance setting. If the speaker is reading resistance it's good. If it's infinite or no reading it's blown. You could also hold down the V button on the right side of the remote well pushing the the left stick up and down a few times. If you don't hear any dings or sound doesn't come back it's probably blown.

Comment

I quickly blew out the speaker on my Pershing, although it didn't totally quit making noise, the noises it was making were terrible and the loudness would go up and down on it's own (not volume or volume control.. ). I replaced it with an inexpensive unit from Ebay. It's cheap enough that it's worth trying out I think.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for MF3019 High-performance Speaker Metal Mato Heng Long Taigen 1/16 RC Tank Model at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Although it's small, it still sounds better than the original unit.

Clay

Comment

Working...
                X