X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing metal rocker arm m1a1 abrams

Hi guys, anyone had to replace it. I have one just snapped one. I have the pack of replacement rocker arms it 14 in the box. Henlong part.
    thanks
    two tanks

Comment

Replacement should be pretty easy, but watch the spring that's behind it. Basically, take the allen bolt out of the old one, line up the new one & spring in the right spot (which may be difficult due to spring tension) and just make sure to not cross thread that bolt during assembly.

Good luck!
      Clay

Comment

Hi clay is there a specific spot that the new rocker arm lines up with?

Comment

When you pull it off, just take note of where the spring is. There should be 2 positions, a lighter position and a heavier position basically. With the metal tracks it might be in the heavy position. Once you pull it off, you'll see it's pretty straightforward.

Clay

Comment

I need to replace several hex bolts for the rocker arms on my HL M1A2 but I haven't been able to find the parts. Does anyone know of a wesite that sells them?

Comment

Probably won't find them in stock in the US and will probably only find them from Chinese vendors.

One (not worth it):

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22518...d=skvY7KMUkvKB

Set (costs the same as one):

https://henglongtankparts.com/produc...rew-14pcs-set/

I've bought from the first vendor and received my stuff. I normally wait till I need a bunch of stuff from them so that I can save on shipping. I have not ordered from the second link. It seems it's a subsite of www.rcmodelsonline.com which seems to be a safe site according to some of the pages I found. Buyer beware, but if you want to search the net yourself these parts are called "M1A2 arm screws" or "M1A2 rock arm screws".

Found another whole set on AliExpress, but haven't ordered from these guys either: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...d=cFj3t3A6BLut

Comment

Hard Rock I found a company in new Zealand had my rocker I struggled to find them hobby man I think I found them.

Comment

You know, those look like self tapping allen screws, with a shoulder that the rocker arm bears on. It seems to me it is that shoulder that makes them hard to find. If you couldnt find any at a reasonable shipping cost, you could measure the screws, order some without the shoulder, cut some appropriate size brass tubing to make the shoulder and epoxy it on the plain screws.
                  A tad involved, I admit, but it may well save both time and money.

Comment

Working...
                  X