X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for painted Tank crew for 1/16 heng long tanks

Trying to find not too expensive complete tank crew members for M1A1 and a Tiger II in the 20 dollar range if possible?

My daughter and I use some set of Marines we found on Amazon.

Removing the legs is pretty much straightforward. They are not quite right but work OK for modern tanks. I'm still looking for some WWII guys for our older tanks but we may try our hand at painting the included figures.

Clay

Comment

Originally posted by ccarley View Post
      My daughter and I use some set of Marines we found on Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Removing the legs is pretty much straightforward. They are not quite right but work OK for modern tanks. I'm still looking for some WWII guys for our older tanks but we may try our hand at painting the included figures.

Clay
      I have 2 different sets of those guys myself.....and did what you said, cut a few of them off at the waste for the copula.

I have a set of 3 "Joy toys" that are super detailed & painted but the cost reflects that:

https://www.amazon.com/Figures-Speci...09MZCFZKC&th=1

Its a damn shame Joy Toy doesnt make anything in WW2 Era...

They are closer to 1/18 scale but its so close its plausable.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippersnapper View Post
        They are closer to 1/18 scale but its so close its plausable.

They seem to have been aiming for 6’ height in 1/18 scale, which comes out to 5’ 4” in 1/16th. Perfectly acceptable and lets them fit a bit better in hatches, etc.
        Having made a quick measurement on an M4 carbine from one of the sets, it seems they made the weapons a bit over sized, so about right for 1/16 scale.

Comment

I stand corrected. Joy Toy does make WW2 era action figures...Aliexpress has a extensive selection.

Comment

Working...
          X