You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of Inaccuracies with Torro/Taigen & Mato??

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Inaccuracies with Torro/Taigen & Mato??

Hello. I was able to find a list of the inaccuracies/issues with the HL Tiger 1, but I haven't found anything similar for the Taigen/Torro and Mato. I did find individual threads with one or two issues, but nothing comprehensive. Anyone know where I can find something like that and/or can someone tell me the main issues? Thanks!

Originally posted by Touch Connors View Post
    Hello. I was able to find a list of the inaccuracies/issues with the HL Tiger 1, but I haven't found anything similar for the Taigen/Torro and Mato. I did find individual threads with one or two issues, but nothing comprehensive. Anyone know where I can find something like that and/or can someone tell me the main issues? Thanks!
    Whatever the issues there are aftermarket parts to correct them. Even the rather expensive Tamiya Tiger 1 has inaccurate details. For that matter all RC tanks have glaring detail issues, but the everyday person and even the majority of model builders will never see the issues or could point them out. The only people that see the detail issues will really just be the die hard Tiger lovers.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Is the Torro IR compatible with the Tamiya/Heng Long IR protocol?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat 7 View Post
          Is the Torro IR compatible with the Tamiya/Heng Long IR protocol?
          no.

taigen/torro use their own protocol and heng long uses a stripped down tamiya

Comment

Although there is a Torro conversion that makes their board compatible with Tamiya: https://www.motionrc.com/products/to...4aAu4bEALw_wcB

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Whatever the issues there are aftermarket parts to correct them. Even the rather expensive Tamiya Tiger 1 has inaccurate details. For that matter all RC tanks have glaring detail issues, but the everyday person and even the majority of model builders will never see the issues or could point them out. The only people that see the detail issues will really just be the die hard Tiger lovers.
              This.

OP whats your goal? are you trying to decide which tank you'd be interested in purchasing?

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                Although there is a Torro conversion that makes their board compatible with Tamiya: https://www.motionrc.com/products/to...4aAu4bEALw_wcB

Some of new Torro tanks include these IR battle units. I bought the latest Torro panther from MotionRC and it has this compatible Tamiya IR battle protocol unit. I battled it a few times among the Tamiyas and LegoDEIs.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

Some of new Torro tanks include these IR battle units. I bought the latest Torro panther from MotionRC and it has this compatible Tamiya IR battle protocol unit. I battled it a few times among the Tamiyas and LegoDEIs.
                  Did the Torro IR Receiver do well in the sun?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat 7 View Post

Did the Torro IR Receiver do well in the sun?
                    Ya kinda hijacked the OP's thread way off course.

Comment

Working...
                    X