X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng long T90 with extra holes?

I recently purchased a new heng long T90 off Ebay and when I received it and started putting it together I noticed that it had six extra holes in both sides of the hull. I contacted the seller and they tell me that they contacted the manufacturer which told them that they now use the t72 hull for the t90. Does this make sense? They said to just use extra parts or stickers to cover them up. Has anyone else seen this or received a tank like this? The first photo is not my tank.

No. I would be very unhappy about it too. The 72 has the holes for the active armor there that the 90 does not.

Comment

My thoughts exactly. The representative said just slap some extra parts or decals over them. I messaged the representative back asking her to check to see if they had any any without the 12 extra holes drilled in the side of it but I'm waiting to hear back.

Comment

Could you provide more photos to the complete top hull?
        I just looked over any molding differences that yours has and the only thing I've seen is those extra holes yours has for more of the extra large side plates to be added. The T72 has a different molding for the exhaust opening and for ridges along the front top fenders.

Comment

More pics
          Attached Files

Comment

It's a T-90 with extra holes...

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              It's a T-90 with extra holes...
              Yeah, I thought so. Well the new owner has the option now of adding extra side blast plates to make it his own unique version. I wouldn't be pissed off about that.

Comment

I bought mine from Toucan last month. I emailed them about these 12 holes. They sent me 6 pieces of armor (free).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7103.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	366905

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7102.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	366906

Comment

Kind of makes me mad. I hope they make it right.

Comment

That's why they sent me the free parts bag.

Comment

I know it doesn't apply here but if you need to buy the spare plastic parts, upgrade motors and stuff like that Motions prices are the best.

Comment

Same issue with mine. I bought the T-72 parts bag that included the ERA bricks a while back. One thing about the Ukraine war online is that there are real tanks to model after.

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Milspec1 View Post
                          I recently purchased a new heng long T90 off Ebay and when I received it and started putting it together I noticed that it had six extra holes in both sides of the hull. I contacted the seller and they tell me that they contacted the manufacturer which told them that they now use the t72 hull for the t90. Does this make sense? They said to just use extra parts or stickers to cover them up. Has anyone else seen this or received a tank like this? The first photo is not my tank.
                          I just got mine from Motion RC and it does not have the extra holes there. It doesn't make sense that the T90 would have the same upper as the T72, because they are not the same upper hulls in real life. Similar...yes...the same...no. The T72 has the water dispersion vane on the front of the hull in the non-ERA version and even the ERA version uses different ERA mounting points than the T90 does. I've never seen a real T90 with extra armor plates along the track skirts other than the first 3 panels the HL comes with stock. It would make sense that HL is using the same hulls for the ERA version of the T72 and the T90 upper hull as the placement and design of the HL ERA for their version of the ERA T72B1 are not quite correct. I have the Trumpeter T72B1 in 1/16 which is what the HL ERA T72 is loosely modeled after and they definitely have differences. The HL ERA T72 is good enough for most people though. It's kinda like when they reused the KV1E upper and lower hull for the KV-2 which did not have the same add-on armor plates like the 1E did.

Personally if the vendor wouldn't do anything about it, I would probably just get some styrene rod the same size as the holes and just plug them. A tiny drop of paint on the rod and they would be really hard to see.

Comment

I received a response and was told that is the way they are and to just enjoy my new tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Milspec1 View Post
                              I received a response and was told that is the way they are and to just enjoy my new tank.
                              I bought the same tank mate and mine has the holes to

Comment

I just received the professional edition T90 from motion RC and it also had the extra holes

Comment

Question is the new Heng long t-90 from motion and toucan have a t 72 upper hull now instead of a t-90 hull ?

Comment

The hulls are different
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks will not be buying T 90 anytime soon

Comment

Working...
                                      X