X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW MEMBER TO THE SQUAWK

g'day folks, been given the word to join up here as you guys do great work improving H/L machines at all levels.
    I see a few familliar names & i'm looking forward to reading the masses of info here in the hope of learning any hot tips to getting these H/L thingo's working better.
    Electronics is my worst skill...............actually its so not a skill Im classes as a weapons-grade electrotard !
    cheers & thanks for having me along.

Ah, a fugitive from RC Tank Warfare seeking asylum!

Seriously, welcome.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Well, one of my mates here that never posts and barely looks in on forums reckons you guys here do really good work upsizing the H/L's, so as Im an H/L mainliner I thought I would have a look around.
      So far hes bang on the biscuits, you guys do really clever work.

Comment

Herman Welcome!
        I have followed your work from across the pond, impressive Thanks for joining

Comment

Thanks Mr Vas, its over time & practice. Appreciate the welcome.

Comment

There goes the neighborhood...:) Next thing you know he'll be showing everyone that KV-2 he's been working on. 🤣

Comment

Heyyyy!!! its Mr Tankme, yeah, apologies in advance for the 'neighborhood" dropping its standards but the door security was a bit lax............as for the KV2, I would, but I dont know how to yet/ new platform=-new numptyism loading pics.

Comment

practice pic upload................please bear with me as I have learner plates on

Comment

nope-fail

Comment

My display room , test for pic upload
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes!! Got it
                      Attached Files

Comment

Still loads of clean up and more mess to add...........................oh, and yes I will get rid of that bug-eye headlight for a better option at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by HERMAN BIX View Post
                          My display room , test for pic upload
                          Guess you have to start someplace. But being a member here means you will need to expand your display space. Lots of new ideas and out of the box thinking compared to other forums so buckle up and enjoy it all.

Comment

thanks Mr Rubic, for sure I will need more space, have a few projects in the pile of boxes to go to yet! as do we all Im sure.
                            I'm mainly here to learn about the smart ways you guys have improved on the current H/L offerings and theres a lot to read, so I'm enjoying having the trip through the back catalogue of info.

Comment

I like the man cave!

Comment

Originally posted by HERMAN BIX View Post
                                Yes!! Got it
                                Mmmmm, I like. Looks like someone else watches Uncle Nightshift

Comment

Yip, he started his as mine was arriving! It’s such an iconic and unique period picture that it’s been done a lot in smaller scales, bit like every Tiger and every Panther .
                                  I sold the only Soviet tank in winter colour I had a long time ago and with the release of the KV2 by H/L made doing one a reality. Down here in the South Pacific we struggle for tanks and parts, oh well that’s life, but now that Toucan are a lot more widespread and we have an option here called “ afterpay “ it’s opened up access to new tanks a lot.
                                  The awful exchange rate, extortionate postage rates and shear distance make tank model purchases a big deal.
                                  Still, I got one, it’s mine and it’s going to be less than half the price of a Tamiya out of the box & will end up as a close reflection of what I feel the real one looked like.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to learning off yourself and your membership on how to do things better over time .

Comment

Working...
                                  X