X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long Panther G Better Engine sounds

I’ve recently received my panther, everything else has been great minus the lackluster and inaccurate engine sounds that come with the t.k 7.0 board, it’s either a leopard 2 or an abrams after digging through some forums and looking online it appears that there are sound boards available/upgrades that can be done but it seems very complicated an I’m very lost, are there any types of plug and play boards that are compatible with the current Heng long electronics?​ I saw something like these but I’m not sure if they work or not and I would like something that sounds nice.

The Taigen V3 is not a "direct" swap as some of the connectors or connections would need to be rewired. It has a built in receiver, but I think you need to use a Taigen transmitter or a hobby grade transmitter to get it to work. Your Heng Long transmitter won't work with it. I don't consider that an "upgrade" as it has it's problems also. You might get a more accurate Panther sound with the Taigen, but you loose the Heng Long IR battle capability (unless you buy the Taigen battle module and add it) and the driving experience on the Taigen is worse than the Heng Long TK7.0. Do you care about IR battling with others? Does the sound have to be a Panther or would the Tiger sound be good enough? I'm asking because there might be other options that are better.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
      The Taigen V3 is not a "direct" swap as some of the connectors or connections would need to be rewired. It has a built in receiver, but I think you need to use a Taigen transmitter or a hobby grade transmitter to get it to work. Your Heng Long transmitter won't work with it. I don't consider that an "upgrade" as it has it's problems also. You might get a more accurate Panther sound with the Taigen, but you loose the Heng Long IR battle capability (unless you buy the Taigen battle module and add it) and the driving experience on the Taigen is worse than the Heng Long TK7.0. Do you care about IR battling with others? Does the sound have to be a Panther or would the Tiger sound be good enough? I'm asking because there might be other options that are better.
      Well if that’s the case, i think anything that is ww2 would be better than a leopard 2 or abrams sound so a tiger could work.

Comment

the panther g and tiger 1 both used the same engine. if you can take out the board you could always trade with someone that has the t-90/tiger 1 board.

Comment

Originally posted by Totaldoom21 View Post

Well if that’s the case, i think anything that is ww2 would be better than a leopard 2 or abrams sound so a tiger could work.
          That's why I was asking. Since others have said that the Panther and Tiger are basically the same sound I would go for Clay's suggestion above. I'm more of a Russian and American armor guy so I know very little about German armor.

Comment

Working...
          X