X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recoil barrel issues

Morning tankers! I am having issues with Heng Long King Tiger barrel recoil/ bb shooter. Ive been upgrading a king tiger and have bought (2) recoil barrels online. I plug them in and do a test fire and all functions perfect. However…. When i mount them in the turret and close the turret floor the darn things wont work! The motor runs and the trigger switch wont engage. Two different units same problem! This has got me stumped! Any ideas to solve this?

lastly I am considering buying the Torro upper hull with assembled metal turret to solve the problem, will this integrate well with my 7.0 heng long system?

As always, Thanks a bunch!
    RLTW!

Hard to say, but from your description it sounds like it continually runs, and is acting like it's not hitting the trigger switch once it's all assembled? I wouldn't imagine that the KT turret is lacking for space but there could be something preventing that switch from making contact. Does the firing mechanism actually go all the way through to fire a BB? I.E., motor runs, and "snap" as it releases the spring tension? It should be hitting that switch if it gets that far. I wonder too if that little switch maybe just moved a touch during assembly, causing it to not even make contact?

Clay

Comment

Yeah crazy thing works fine when I take it out!
      winds back, fires bb, and re-extends…. Tried swapping barrel, mantlet, and other parts… goes in = stops working.

Comment

Originally posted by Florida Ranger View Post
        Morning tankers! I am having issues with Heng Long King Tiger barrel recoil/ bb shooter. Ive been upgrading a king tiger and have bought (2) recoil barrels online. I plug them in and do a test fire and all functions perfect. However…. When i mount them in the turret and close the turret floor the darn things wont work! The motor runs and the trigger switch wont engage. Two different units same problem! This has got me stumped! Any ideas to solve this?

lastly I am considering buying the Torro upper hull with assembled metal turret to solve the problem, will this integrate well with my 7.0 heng long system?

As always, Thanks a bunch!
        RLTW!
        Your problem is actually rather simple. The yellow wires and the associated switch on the bottom of the gun breach. The two metal pieces need to touch to complete the firing sequence. This usually happens with the track recoil movement or at anytime when the two are touching. Being outside of the turret the possibility of them touching is rather high and thus the barrel recoil would work vs when installed the turret.

Those of us that IR battle our tanks simply “jump” (splice) the yellow wires together. This bypass the need for them to touch during track recoil. It also makes for a faster firing response and with the stock recoil helps with improving the timing of recoil to sound.

Comment

Although the sound is in sync, shorting the 2 yellow wires disables the recoil/wind up if port CN6 is still in play. If removed, then the recoil/windup still happens, but 0 sound. The trigger switch is responsible for the sound of the cannon shot.

Comment

Yeah , I should specify that this one is going to be a bb shooter/ recoil barrel.

also when tested before and after taking it out of turret it is fully assembled to mantlet and works.

Something to do with the trigger switch?

Engineers and scientist baffled!!

Comment

Im assumoing your using the same board to test the recouil unit in & out of the tank? If not, The wind up motor needs 7v (CN10)

Comment

Same board.. ill check output on CN10

Comment

Working...
                X