X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamiya 2 shot protocol

Lacking anyone nearby to battle against, I usually use the LegoDEI antitank mines as opponents. I also like to set all my tanks to light tanks for the 3 hits and your out, to make it challenging. However I don't like the too quick reload of the light tank setting. I noticed the LegoDEI mine has a setting to fire the Tamiya 2 shot protocol. Assuming this means every hit from the mine would score two hits on the tank, I was going to set my tanks to medium for the longer reload time and have the mines fire the 2 shot protocol to stay with 3 hits and your out.

Both my Tamiya tanks are their new centurions, which have their newest DMD T-11C. It totally ignored the 2 shot protocol hits. Has Tamiya done away with response to the 2 shot protocol on their newest board?

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post
    Lacking anyone nearby to battle against, I usually use the LegoDEI antitank mines as opponents. I also like to set all my tanks to light tanks for the 3 hits and your out, to make it challenging. However I don't like the too quick reload of the light tank setting. I noticed the LegoDEI mine has a setting to fire the Tamiya 2 shot protocol. Assuming this means every hit from the mine would score two hits on the tank, I was going to set my tanks to medium for the longer reload time and have the mines fire the 2 shot protocol to stay with 3 hits and your out.

Both my Tamiya tanks are their new centurions, which have their newest DMD T-11C. It totally ignored the 2 shot protocol hits. Has Tamiya done away with response to the 2 shot protocol on their newest board?
    Short answer is YES!

There are a few other additional protocols Tamiya has never made use of (not user activated) but are still present like one shot kill and repair mode. The older two part systems of a DMD/MFU as used in the Sherman’s and Tigers has all the old protocols. They started phasing out features with the Abrams/Type 10 tank DMDs. The Sheridan and Centurion have the new DMD 11 which as a whole is superior to the old systems but does lack a few of the old unused battle features.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Short answer is YES!

There are a few other additional protocols Tamiya has never made use of (not user activated) but are still present like one shot kill and repair mode. The older two part systems of a DMD/MFU as used in the Sherman’s and Tigers has all the old protocols. They started phasing out features with the Abrams/Type 10 tank DMDs. The Sheridan and Centurion have the new DMD 11 which as a whole is superior to the old systems but does lack a few of the old unused battle features.
      Thanks, good to know. Does Tamiya ever announce these changes someplace? Or just make them and let the customer figure it out by luck?

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post

Thanks, good to know. Does Tamiya ever announce these changes someplace? Or just make them and let the customer figure it out by luck?
        They just make them and let us figure it all out. One of the recent changes was to the medium tank classes number of hits to destroy. On the Sheridan/Centurion DMD11 it is now 6 hits vs the 5 of the older DMD/MFU systems.

Comment

Working...
        X