Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/16 rc Sherman

Looking to see what anyone has used for a manylet cover for a 1/16 Sherman

Any idea how I can fix this? Should I cut the whole thing off, get the Mato piece and replace it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3424.jpg
Views:	2080
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	385605 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 18-50-29 MT185 Mato 1_16 Sherman RC Tank Metal Idler Wheels W_ Adjustable Tensioner eBay.png
Views:	180
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	385606

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
      Any idea how I can fix this? Should I cut the whole thing off, get the Mato piece and replace it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3424.jpg
Views:	2080
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	385605 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 18-50-29 MT185 Mato 1_16 Sherman RC Tank Metal Idler Wheels W_ Adjustable Tensioner eBay.png
Views:	180
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	385606
      Yep buy a MATO idler and replace it. If you can't find any I believe RichJohnson has some in stock.

Comment

Once that plastic breaks, glues won't be able to handle the stresses. The good news is, the Mato will work. Rich Johnson's HVSS kit instructions include this replacement. Basically it'll take a Dremel cutter and some drilling. The idler wheel is wider than the Heng Long one, but the HL tracks will work on it. (I had to use the HL tracks on my Mato Sherman because the Mato tracks were so miserable.) You should do both sides while you are at it.

Or, you could buy a static Sherman & use the intact lower hull with your upper hull, and keep the broken lower hull for RJ's HVSS project if you get his kit.

A Torro metal Sherman lower hull is available, but I don't know if it fits. RJ would know. Maybe other folks have come up with different solutions, but the Mato will work.
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Thank you both! There is a set on Ebay for $15. I will ask RJ first. This Sherman has been going to battle since last September in our club's event. It took quite a beating, especially by our young guests, hehe!

Comment

$15 is less than I paid each for a bulk purchase as they typically cost around $30 for the set. They maybe charging $15 shipping on top of that cost. I also dont have any left, they have all been modified for HVSS and packed in my HVSS kits.
            You could use that sherman to modify and install the HVSS kit on that you bought. That is a good solution or just put new mato idlers on it. I had to do that with Jerome's first sherman because it broke the same way though he was pushing it when the battery ran out. He was 4 at the time.
            RC tank parts and accessories I make
            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by Larryd69 View Post
              Looking to see what anyone has used for a manylet cover for a 1/16 Sherman
              Are you talking about a canvass weather cover around the gun mantlet? I havent really seen people do that with the henglong 105mm howtizer version.
              RC tank parts and accessories I make
              www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Working...
              X