X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long metal hub cap issue.

I ran Heng Long KV-1 three days ago in trails. I did not realized that I lost metal hub cap in second wheel on left side. Today I have been searching for it about 3 hours. Seems like someone picked it up. Metal hub cap was hold tight but it fell off by itself. How can I find spare metal hub cap online? Heng Long does not have website. How can Heng Long helps people to get spare parts if there is no website? Seems to be Heng Long does not care about us. If Heng Long is useless to customers then we should give up RC tanks.

AliExpress is your best friend when it comes to the little tank specific spare parts. Most of their parts are available through multiple vendors. I found the plastic caps, but not the metal ones. I would use a little rubber cement to hold them on even if press fit.

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
      AliExpress is your best friend when it comes to the little tank specific spare parts. Most of their parts are available through multiple vendors. I found the plastic caps, but not the metal ones. I would use a little rubber cement to hold them on even if press fit.

Derek
      Thank you for a link. Unfortunately Aliexpress does not have everything. No metal hub cap for KV-1. Heng Long should create a new website and make available to all metal parts.

Comment

Here is what I found for you. I think they will fit.

Specification: Brand:?MATO Material: Metal Suitable For: 1/16 Mato Soviet KV-1 RC Tank Model ID: MT-MT116T-ZH The Package Includes: The package option is selected by yourself We have a wide range of 1/16 RC hobby tank parts, you almost could find most desired accessories on market from us, and we had refited a variety

Comment

I think he wants one for the road wheels. He should email toucan. They will find out what it is and let him know.

Comment

Ooops! I read the post incorrectly. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by RCTANKSFUN View Post
              I ran Heng Long KV-1 three days ago in trails. I did not realized that I lost metal hub cap in second wheel on left side. Today I have been searching for it about 3 hours. Seems like someone picked it up. Metal hub cap was hold tight but it fell off by itself. How can I find spare metal hub cap online? Heng Long does not have website. How can Heng Long helps people to get spare parts if there is no website? Seems to be Heng Long does not care about us. If Heng Long is useless to customers then we should give up RC tanks.
              Go to the Toucan Hobby website and get their email address. I believe it's "attn: Godfrey", but it goes to their staff. Contact them directly, not through ebay or aliexpress. They will get that part for you. Of course they will charge you, but at a reasonable level. I've done this three times, once for a hatch cover, once for a suspension arm and once for some bogies. They will ask questions to ensure they will get you the right part. Very helpful.
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                I think he wants one for the road wheels. He should email toucan. They will find out what it is and let him know.

Will do.

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                Ooops! I read the post incorrectly. Sorry!
                ​LOL!

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Go to the Toucan Hobby website and get their email address. I believe it's "attn: Godfrey", but it goes to their staff. Contact them directly, not through ebay or aliexpress. They will get that part for you. Of course they will charge you, but at a reasonable level. I've done this three times, once for a hatch cover, once for a suspension arm and once for some bogies. They will ask questions to ensure they will get you the right part. Very helpful.
                Thank you, I will do it!

Comment

Finally I got a message from Judy at Toucanhobby. She is going to send it to me. She told me one metal hub cap is free but I have to pay for shipping.

I want to know what is best way to keep metal hub caps to stay in wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by RCTANKSFUN View Post
                    Finally I got a message from Judy at Toucanhobby. She is going to send it to me. She told me one metal hub cap is free but I have to pay for shipping.

I want to know what is best way to keep metal hub caps to stay in wheels.
                    Glad that worked out for you. Toucan has been good to me in the past.

As Mentioned above by "tank_me" Rubber Cement is a good idea, or "Medium" strength Thread Lock.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	KW8bqxY.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	373836

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post

Glad that worked out for you. Toucan has been good to me in the past.

As Mentioned above by "tank_me" Rubber Cement is a good idea, or "Medium" strength Thread Lock.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	KW8bqxY.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	373836
                      Alright, I have blue medium strength thread lock.

Comment

Some silicone caulk also works. Just don't get it on the bearings if installed in the wheels.

Derek​
                        Last edited by tank_me; Mar 17, 2023, 02:17 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Duplicate post

Comment

I went with a rubber type contact cement I had.

Comment

rI have the wheel cover! I just don't know how to send it! I come from Chenghai, China

Comment

I like your screen name Chenghai.
                                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X