X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What version HL Sherman is this?

Is there a way to know version Sherman this is I bought it on ebay and the seller listed it a 7.0.
    Attached Files

It should say on the controller or bottom of the tank, But prob a 6.0?

Comment

The controller is the newer 2.4 version. Not the one on the remote pictured on the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Milspec1 View Post
        Is there a way to know version Sherman this is I bought it on ebay and the seller listed it a 7.0.
        Most likely you have a 5.2 or 5.3 Sherman based on that battery shown. HL stopped using those just about the same time the 6.0 series came out. Also I do not see the IR receiver which usually is visible in a storage slot in the foam packing with the newer 6 series and up.

Comment

You are correct in that the box does not portray what you have. The 6.0 and 7.0 series are both 2.4ghz. As A said, there will probably be a sticker on the bottom of the hull or inside the battery compartment. Sometimes HL didn't do this for the 6.0's but they do so for the 7.0's. Also, if it is a 7.0, there usually is an addendum sheet in the instruction packet.

The 6.0 and 7.0 series are not cross frequency compatible. If you have a known transmitter, you can check empirically by trying to bind the new tank to the other transmitter. This is an easy task; 1) install the tank battery, have the tank turned off. 2) Turn on the transmitter. 3) hold down the lock button on the transmitter and turn on the tank. A successful bind will result in the tank starting up. I assign up to 4 tanks to each transmitter this way.

If you don't want to do the bind action, and still haven't determined the version, there is another way. The 6.0's have four different tank motor sounds and the 7.0's have two. Follow the manual to change the sounds and count how many you hear.

The IR equipment in the 6.0s and 7.0's do work with each other, no worries there.
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I asked for a picture of the sticker on the bottom of the hull to find out what series it was and this was what they sent me. I'm just hoping it's at least a 6.0
            Attached Files

Comment

I asked for a picture of the sticker on the bottom of the hull to find out what series it was and this was what they sent me. I'm just hoping it's at least a 6.0
              It most likely NOT a 6.0.

Comment

Guess this is why I should ask questions BEFORE purchasing something on ebay. I guess I made a $160 mistake.

Comment

You can always sink more money into an aftermarket controller. The tank will have more options. My first tank was a Panzer III with a 5.3 controller. I immediately ordered a TK 40 and it is my favorite tank. Recoil, Sound, Tamiya protocal, muzzle flash etc , but I already owned a programmable transmitter. The HL are toy grade but they do work. Range is not good.
                  Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

That looks like a v5.3 2.4Ghz sticker. They can be upgraded to a newer standard, but it might require a little rewiring of plugs, a new control board and a new radio. If it is truly a 5.3, the transmitter won't be compatible with the 6.0 or the 7.0. If the control board has a gold colored sticker on it like this one when you get it, it is a v5.3:

Derek

Comment

Guess this is why I should ask questions BEFORE purchasing something on ebay. I guess I made a $160 mistake.
                      Fleabay buyer protection. Item received is not what was listed. Get your money back.

Comment

160 for the metal version is not a bad price considering what they sell fir now.
                        it does appear to be a 5.3.
                        still if you buy a 7.0 system off eBay then you will be cheaper than a new tank.
                        As always buyer beware, know your merchandise before you buy.
                        RC tank parts and accessories I make
                        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I guess as @Rubicon99​ that you get a HL version 5.3 2.4 GHz Sherman based on the sticker you posted.

Comment

I purchased a plastic version of Sherman with 7.0 radio from one of the Toucan seller at less than $130. They can afford to sell cheap because they build inventory in US. The RTR tank was shipped from New Jersey. I upgraded the Sherman to metal using a Heng Xin gearbox and Mato T74 track. I gave Heng Long credit for making their tanks so easily upgradeable.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5112.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	374800Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5111.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	374801Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5117.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	374802
                            I magnetized the upper/lower half mounting. The tight fit of the mold makes the magnets working very well. I am not finishing dressing the Sherman yet.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post

I guess as @Rubicon99​ that you get a HL version 5.3 2.4 GHz Sherman based on the sticker you posted.
                              👍

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                                That looks like a v5.3 2.4Ghz sticker. They can be upgraded to a newer standard, but it might require a little rewiring of plugs, a new control board and a new radio. If it is truly a 5.3, the transmitter won't be compatible with the 6.0 or the 7.0. If the control board has a gold colored sticker on it like this one when you get it, it is a v5.3:

Derek
                                For most tanker, the 6.0 radio system is a much better deal than the 7.0 at almost half the price. Upgrading from 5.3 to 6 or 7 is not difficult electrically. But it is not a direct swaped out. It needs trivia bookkeeping of the corresponding ports. The pictures show how my Pershing transitioned from TK27 (27 MHz) to v5.3 2.4G to v6.0 2.4G.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	HLpershing_TK27inside.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	374814Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4959.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	374815Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5122.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	374816
                                The Version 6.0 radio runs on Taigen version2 ball bearings gearbox with 390 red motors. This Pershing is a 2005 HL Snow Leopard metalized.

Comment

Working...
                                X