Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M2 Bradley

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2 Bradley

DKLM posted this on FB. Tongde is tooling this up, apparently 80% done. I wonder how long it takes from tooling to production.

Click image for larger version  Name:	M2 Bradley 05.jpg Views:	11 Size:	38.3 KB ID:	375836Click image for larger version  Name:	M2 Bradley 03.jpg Views:	10 Size:	61.8 KB ID:	375837Click image for larger version  Name:	M2 Bradley 02.jpg Views:	10 Size:	57.1 KB ID:	375838Click image for larger version  Name:	M2 Bradley 01.jpg Views:	10 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	375839Click image for larger version  Name:	M2 Bradley 04.jpg Views:	9 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	375840

Looks like TD is going to be a serious player. Earlier, Coolbank said an M2 was in development. Apparently this is it!
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

I almost bought a Bradley kit from DKlM but wound up dumping the money into my second new in box leoaprd 1 kit.

I will definitely buy a TD Bradley or two lol
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
      DKLM posted this on FB. Tongde is tooling this up, apparently 80% done. I wonder how long it takes from tooling to production.

Click image for larger version Name:	M2 Bradley 05.jpg Views:	11 Size:	38.3 KB ID:	375836Click image for larger version Name:	M2 Bradley 03.jpg Views:	10 Size:	61.8 KB ID:	375837Click image for larger version Name:	M2 Bradley 02.jpg Views:	10 Size:	57.1 KB ID:	375838Click image for larger version Name:	M2 Bradley 01.jpg Views:	10 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	375839Click image for larger version Name:	M2 Bradley 04.jpg Views:	9 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	375840

Looks like TD is going to be a serious player. Earlier, Coolbank said an M2 was in development. Apparently this is it!

Well this is fun. The more option we have for "Cold War" and modern "cross over period" armor the better. Now if the quality is there then this will be a winner for TD. The M2 is about the size of a Sherman or T34 which means it will be a in the "sweat spot" of size for IR battling.

Comment

Looks like torsion bar suspension. I wonder how they will handle the 25mm cannon noise? Well, I'm guessing we'll have close on to a year to speculate.

Comment

I guess I will wait to print Inkor's version of the Bradley until I see what this one looks like. I have tons of other tanks to print in the mean time. I typically like fully molded tanks over 3D printed anyway. 3D printed tanks are a lot of work to make look good and get rid of all the layer lines.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
            I guess I will wait to print Inkor's version of the Bradley until I see what this one looks like. I have tons of other tanks to print in the mean time. I typically like fully molded tanks over 3D printed anyway. 3D printed tanks are a lot of work to make look good and get rid of all the layer lines.
            I have access to 8k and 12k resin printers running high end engineering resins to print tank hulls and turrets. Nice and smooth finishes a lot less work then PLA prints. The prints are almost injection quality. In the next few years or so printing of both PLA and SLA will be indistinguishable from injection molding. Some of the stuff coming to market is amazing. Makes having those once "unobtainium" tanks a soon to be reality.

Comment

I have an Anycubic Photon M3 resin printer, but haven't had the time to set it up and figure out how to use it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                I have an Anycubic Photon M3 resin printer, but haven't had the time to set it up and figure out how to use it yet.
                Take the time it is super easy and the results are night and day better then "line prints" especially on detail parts and flat surfaces. Just use high a quality resins. You pay a little more but the end quality is so much nicer.

Comment

Well I can see this year's gonna get expensive

Comment

Inkor's 3d tank file sets are low resolution grade. They come out the same on a resin printer as they do on a line printer. Dont know what program he is using but his resolution is too low to make a good printed model.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Well this is fun. The more option we have for "Cold War" and modern "cross over period" armor the better. Now if the quality is there then this will be a winner for TD. The M2 is about the size of a Sherman or T34 which means it will be a in the "sweat spot" of size for IR battling.
                      I hope JVMConcepts will be active making accessories and variants....

Comment

I’m sure those guys are cooking up whatever they can they already make some great stuff.
                        Im getting full sets of track from them now too. Granted it’s a lot of work to assemble but it beats having nothing.

Comment

man if coolbanks is gonna start making IFV's i hope we see some sd.kfz 251's too.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_19 View Post
                            man if coolbanks is gonna start making IFV's i hope we see some sd.kfz 251's too.
                            This!

Comment

Me want KFZ 251 C real bad.
                              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

For you non-FB'ers, DKLMRC and Coolbank Wang are showing these Tongde photos. Carson says more info will be out soon. From the photos, obviously there is no airsoft - no loss, IMO. I read somewhere that the scale was not exactly 1/16, but I for one will turn a blind eye to that!

Click image for larger version

Name:	358381193_761180862676670_6809767770250965227_n.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	381666

Name:	358524443_761180902676666_1190353451888300627_n.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	381667

Name:	358052109_761180846010005_4103516692585058449_n.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	381668

Name:	358387209_761180912676665_4109892299716519552_n.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	381669

Name:	358527589_761180872676669_8352321356366238702_n.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	381670

Name:	358111820_761180949343328_4038615530440989614_n.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	381671

Comment

I believe it’s 1/15 to fit their standard trannys

Comment

1/15 wouldnt be too bad. I have an old 1/15 stug IV by Bandai, if my memory serves. Sadly the pot metal parts of the running gear have mostly disintegrated into dust. The model doesnt look all that out of place beside a 1/16 model but you can tell something is off.

Comment

DKLM RC just posted a "functions" video clip on Facebook. I haven't copied a FB link before but here it is, seems to work.

Proprietary engine noises, auto cannon operation and noise, folding out TOW launcher with launch flash, smoke from right side mid-body, functioning turn signals in front, opening hatches and rear door, for a few. Carson says it'll be on his website in a few days. No word on IR. I'm guessing we'll have to stick with the Tongde board to keep the functions in the video.

And yes of course I'll be buying one!

Edit: looking at the video in more detail, the barrel recoils repeatedly during firing, with a machine gun type noise. Maybe it's hooked to the MG circuit. The TOW launcher acts like a main gun; one noise, with synchronized flash. This presents some IR options if the circuit is active on the board. Either mount the emitter in the TOW case and forego elevation, or mount it in the mantlet to allow pointing but activate it with the TOW. There is a short interval while the TOW launcher deploys, which could simulate missile travel to target!

Comment

Update: Carson says the IR is mounted in the TOW launcher. There is a hole next to the flash LED. So, you just gotta have the M2 on a level field when you fire! of course, there is some IR beam spread up/down as well as side to side, so you won't have to be exact.

Comment

Working...
                                        X