Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng long 6.0 7.0 battery issues

hi,

for my birthday i recently got a m1a2 abrams 6.0 and ran the battery all the way down with the smoke machine, when i plugged the battery in with the usb it only had a super fast flashing red light with no green light after leving it on over night the light is now a solid red with no green light showing when i plug it into the tank nothing happens please help advise me on what to do next and whever i have somehow killed the battery

Originally posted by Charlierm09 View Post
    hi,

for my birthday i recently got a m1a2 abrams 6.0 and ran the battery all the way down with the smoke machine, when i plugged the battery in with the usb it only had a super fast flashing red light with no green light after leving it on over night the light is now a solid red with no green light showing when i plug it into the tank nothing happens please help advise me on what to do next and whever i have somehow killed the battery
    It's most like the crappy stock charger. Invest in a quality aftermarket RC battery charger and you will be much more happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlierm09 View Post
      hi,

for my birthday i recently got a m1a2 abrams 6.0 and ran the battery all the way down with the smoke machine, when i plugged the battery in with the usb it only had a superfast flashing red light with no green light after leaving it on overnight the light is now a solid red with no green light showing when i plug it into the tank nothing happens please help advise me on what to do next and whever i have somehow killed the battery
      When you "ran the battery all the way down with the smoke machine", you "have somehow killed the battery". With 6.0 RC, your MFU should shut off when the battery drop to near 6.0 volts. It sounds like you bypassed the HL control for whatever reason and ended up killing the battery. Same result whether you get the NiMH or Lithium-Ion pack.

The best thing to do now is to get new battery pack and remember not to overcharge or drain them completely again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

It's most like the crappy stock charger. Invest in a quality aftermarket RC battery charger and you will be much more happy.
        If you are interested in getting a quality smart charger, make sure to get a name brand one. Many of the knock-off charger on e-bay looks like the namebrand, but the software is likely messed up. Even with the name brand charger, some seller sell it cheap without the connector cable set and power brick. You may end up with a higher total cost.

I am very happy with the SkyRC iMAX mini which comes with a useful Windows user interface and can be run standalone too. The mini needs a 12 volts, 6A power supply which I happen to have.

Comment

Working...
        X