X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HengLong turret noise/programming

Hello, I'm new to the Heng Long tanks but have done some WW ll models. After doing some research on YouTube/Motion RC last week I found that Heng Long was a good tank for me. I bought my first 3 on Amazon and received them on Thursday, the 2 minute test out of the box went fine. I ordered a 4th "King Tiger" from another site, I received that one yesterday and did the 2 minute test out of the box. All went well until I got to the turret movement, one direction was fine, the other direction was a noisy gear sound and not smooth. When I went to program the turret speed I got no confirmation sound and it did not slow down the speed of the turret. Has anyone had this problem with their tank? Thank you.

Originally posted by JustaGuy59 View Post
    Hello, I'm new to the Heng Long tanks but have done some WW ll models. After doing some research on YouTube/Motion RC last week I found that Heng Long was a good tank for me. I bought my first 3 on Amazon and received them on Thursday, the 2 minute test out of the box went fine. I ordered a 4th "King Tiger" from another site, I received that one yesterday and did the 2 minute test out of the box. All went well until I got to the turret movement, one direction was fine, the other direction was a noisy gear sound and not smooth. When I went to program the turret speed I got no confirmation sound and it did not slow down the speed of the turret. Has anyone had this problem with their tank? Thank you.
    Based on the not smooth movement you might have caught a wire in the turret gear ring and turret gearbox. It happens from time to time. To know for sure you will have to open up the tank and check. Its a simple process and a must learn if you want to really enjoy the RC tank hobby.

Comment

After a Google search last night I found a forum article from 2012 and someone with the same issue minus the 7.0 program issue, he took his apart and found nothing and said that he was going to upgrade his turret gears, forum msg ended there. I'd like to take mine apart but I don't want to void the warranty. I'm still waiting for an email response from the seller.

Comment

Working...
      X