X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng long Abrams pro battery

I just got my Abrams pro and in the manual it showed the 7.0 and 7.2 wiring diagram. It has for power input 7.4 to 11.6v. is this thing 3s capable out of the box?
    Last edited by Kilted Goth; Apr 23, 2023, 08:59 PM. Reason: Edited for voltage

Originally posted by Kilted Goth View Post
    I just got my Abrams pro and in the manual it showed the 7.0 and 7.2 wiring diagram. It has for power input 7.4 to 11.6v. is this thing 3s capable out of the box?
    YES! But I will recommend AGAINST it. Reasons:

1. If you run it with 3S battery, the 380 motors run really hot.

2. If you run it with 3S battery and the 390 motors, the scale speed will be too fast to be realistic.

A large capacity 2S Lithium battery with a good 390 motors will run cool with the correct top scale speed.

Disclaimer: I do not have an Abrams. I did the test on a German Leopard 2A6 6,0S. The Leopard is highly modified with Heng Xin gearbox, MxFans390 motors, ball bearing drive shaft cover and on a Tamiya track. The battery is a home built 2S2P lithium ion pack using imported 3500 mAh cells.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4980.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	376146

Comment

Removed...

Comment

I was going of my bad memory lol. It states up to 12.6v.
        I Don't want to burn it out, but can't find any concrete answers.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
          Removed...
          I wasn't trying to argue with you, I just updated the post. If Heng long doesn't recommend it I won't try it, but I can't find anywhere on Google or forums that have a definitive answer. That's why I'm asking here.

Comment

I removed it before I even saw your post...NP. I just decided not to comment about it since I've never run one at 3S.

Comment

Working...
            X