Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Diego Battle day Sunday April 30

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego Battle day Sunday April 30

Short notice but we are going to host a battle.
    the field is dry the weather is good so we are going to go for it.

Sunday April 30th 9am South Shored Boat ramp Mission Bay
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

I will be there. Bringing my M60 and a few other big tanks. Hopefully also something even newer🤞🤞if tracking is accurate.

Comment

I've encountered a bizarre situation while getting ready for Sunday. Some of my LegoDEI receivers don't work on one tank but do on another! Anybody else experienced this? All on Heng Long boards, but different ones, from 6.1 through 7.1.
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

[QUOTE=SoCalBobS;n376288]I've encountered a bizarre situation while getting ready for Sunday. Some of my LegoDEI receivers don't work on one tank but do on another! Anybody else experienced this? All on Heng Long boards, but different ones, from 6.1 through 7.1.[/QUOTE}

It sounds like a wiring issue inside the tank or tank MFU. I have a few LegoDEIs that have gone bad. When a LegoDEI goes bad they don't work on anything. They might light up but that's all a bad one will do.

Comment

I had one that went bad. One day it was doing fine and the next day it did not receive hits. I gave it back to Haojie. He gave me a new one. This is because I have bought about 70 of these from him :-)

Comment

Which version went bad? Was it the Tamiya version or the HL version? The Tamiya version has some extra resisters built in. If you use the HL version on a Tamiya, it will burn out. The circuit board on the bottom of the HL version says "Heng Long" printed on the board. The Tamiya/Clark/ELmod/etc version does not have any brand on the bottom. Mine say "DAK RC".

Derek

Comment

All HL. Two LDs work on one tank, but not another. Other LDs work on both tanks. All wiring is intact. I can only surmise some electronic component has "drifted" just enough to be off-frequency.

The only frustration is that the LD's are painted to match their tanks. And now I'll have to put a tan LD on a green tank. Horrors! (First world problems.)
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                Which version went bad? Was it the Tamiya version or the HL version? The Tamiya version has some extra resisters built in. If you use the HL version on a Tamiya, it will burn out. The circuit board on the bottom of the HL version says "Heng Long" printed on the board. The Tamiya/Clark/ELmod/etc version does not have any brand on the bottom. Mine say "DAK RC".

Derek
                The Tamiya DEI units I have are printed DAKRC on the bottom

Comment

Wish I was closer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Breck View Post
                    Wish I was closer!!!
                    Closer? Are you in California? There is the LA Tank Club near LA and the Irvine Tank Club in Huntington Beach. We all travel to each other's events so if you can't make it to San Diego give a thought to the other two clubs.

Comment

Yes I am in California. Sacramento CA. Just a bit of a drive!! Is there a big event that happens your way? Multi day type outing?

Comment

I was just in Plymouth this last week at the antiquire army vehicle rally and I take my tanks and drive them around for fun

Comment

Since the San Diego battle field is such a huge area and perfect for big sweeping maneuvers and long range shooting, I am bring mostly heavy armor this time. It will also be a good test to compare the TD M60 against the excellent open country fighting ability of the Tamiya Centurion.

Hope to see you there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D180A517-84B3-4CA0-8166-4E1C206AA8E7.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	376408Click image for larger version

Name:	7D5306FA-CDC2-48FE-BF15-0092A51B2F6E.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	376409Click image for larger version

Name:	8174B256-B078-40C6-BB0A-381581E539C0.jpg
Views:	151