X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torro Jagdtiger paint job

I recently purchased a Torro Jagdtiger from MotionRC and I was very suprised to see the paint colors that the monster was painted. It is a dark alomst charcol grey. I think the volor was actually quite impressive and I personally like the scheme very well. Obviously someone took a lot of time and care with the attention to detail. As you can in the photo suded by sude wirh my H/L Jagdpanther they are completely different. Frankly I was expecting the paint to be either a solid tan or camouflage like my King Tiger, Panther, Jagdtiger and a couple of other of my tanks. Most of my 29 tanks are H/L but I do have a couple of Torro's and Tamiya's as well. My question is has anyone else received this unexpected color of Jagdtiger from Torro or anyone else and has anyone seen pictures or know of actual Jagdtiger painted in solid dark grey. The grey used was far darker than the other like on my Tiger 1, Stug III or Panzer IV F2. I would have preffered and expected a camouflage scheme like the Jagdpanther or KT. I do know the Torro tanks are painted instead of molded. My Torro IS-2 is a is darker green than the HLs T-34, but only slightly. Thoughts??

My first thought is, Are you happy with it?

My Second thought, I don't own this model but I do have a Taigen Tiger I early that I do like but I would have preferred this darker grey than the lighter violet hued paint that it came with. The darker grey is more accurate for what it was painted like.

Yes the painted finishes on the Torro/Taigen are nicer than the Heng Long offerings. But I admit I like the out of the box paint job on my Heng Long T34-85 the best of my Heng Longs.

Your side by side comparison of the Jagdpanther finish to the Jagdtiger makes the Jagdpanther look like a toy and is why I repainted my Jagdpanther.

And, Motion RC only shows the Grey version of the Jagdtiger on their site albeit out of stock. Didn't you look at it before you ordered it? IMHO that's a chunk of change to drop on a model that you weren't sure would be finished like. The Torro.de site does have a Camouflaged, Grey and a Sand/Tan version listed.

and finally, are you happy with it? if not I'll give you my address, and freely take it off your hands... Freely, as in for free...

Chef

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post
      My first thought is, Are you happy with it?

Yes the painted finishes on the Torro/Taigen are nicer than the Heng Long offerings. But I admit I like the out of the box paint job on my Heng Long T34-85 the best of my Heng Longs.

Chef
      I second the vote for Heng Long T34-85.

Comment

I re-post this occasionally. It's a translation of the WW2 German manual for painting tanks. Of interest is that in September 1943, troops were ordered to paint their tanks in camo based on dark yellow - no gray tanks anymore.

History of the camouflage of German armor from 1927 to 1945.
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
          I re-post this occasionally. It's a translation of the WW2 German manual for painting tanks. Of interest is that in September 1943, troops were ordered to paint their tanks in camo based on dark yellow - no gray tanks anymore.

https://panzerworld.com/german-armor-camouflage
          The armies all had official painting instructions. But the troops in the battlefield had to get by with whatever they had on hand. You can find photos of the Sherman or T-34 appearing in many different shade of Olive Drab or Olive Green.

Comment

The time a tank spends in the field alters the color of the tank. Sun, rain, and mud will alter the color. Also the type of thinner used for the paint will vary the color. Some used actual lacquer thinner and others used gasoline. For my Russian tanks I make the color close and leave it at that. They are all different shades of green depending on weathering and I think that is normal. And no, the Jagdtiger was never gray as it was released toward the end of the war, but it is your tank and paint it pink if you like.

Comment

I have the same one. I just enjoy playing it the way it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8020A.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	377917

Comment

Thank ya'll for the responses. Yes, I do like the color. It is well done and the detail is far better than any other of my tanks. I wouldn't change it for nothing. My only question is has anybody seen this color on a tank real or RC. Now I know that it's a color option that is available. To answer MrChef, I really didn't look at a color option when I ordered it. It was the last one that RCMotion had in stock and I think they haven't got any back in. I do like it, it was just an unexpected color scheme and frankly it was an impulse buy when I noticed it was the last one in stock. That makes the Jagdtiger one of my favorites. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa53 View Post
                  Thank ya'll for the responses. Yes, I do like the color. It is well done and the detail is far better than any other of my tanks. I wouldn't change it for nothing. My only question is has anybody seen this color on a tank real or RC. Now I know that it's a color option that is available. To answer MrChef, I really didn't look at a color option when I ordered it. It was the last one that RCMotion had in stock and I think they haven't got any back in. I do like it, it was just an unexpected color scheme and frankly it was an impulse buy when I noticed it was the last one in stock. That makes the Jagdtiger one of my favorites. Thanks.
                  Judging from a quick bit of research, 7 of them were built in April of ‘45 and 4 more in May of ‘45. By then, everything was running out and possibly they got down to only having some old stocks of left over panzer grey paint. By that late in the war anyone thinking the tanks they were building made a difference was in a total, mental fantasy land, so who knows what they did.
                  If it was my tank, I would keep it that color. It looks great.

Comment

Working...
                  X