Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying Case

Looking for idea's on what to use.

I have used different things for different tanks at different times. On the easy side to move a dirty talk around I use the top lid from an Avon cardboard box.

I keep my smaller tanks in one of these and they make easy carrying boxes too. Sterilite Wide 3 Drawer Cart White - Walmart.com

I bought one of these thinking I'd use it. A towel in the bottom keeps the tank from sliding too much. If was to use it more I'd lay in a piece of foam. Hyper Tough 17 Gallon Heavy Duty Storage Footlocker - Walmart.com

Comment

That's more of what I'm looking for, something simple to carry it up and down stairs because my workroom is upstairs. Matco has their box for $160-180 plus another $60 for shipping, way too much for me at this level.

Comment

My work room is part of my attic so I go up and down the pull down stairs. As I said the carboard box lid is my go to...

Comment

If you are looking for a economical transportation box for your tanks, I suggest the Stanley FATMAX 28 inch toolbox for carrying each tank. WWII tanks fit in there quite easily with some needing you to transverse the turret to the rear. The more modern larger tanks with long barrels will always need the turret turned nearly all the way to the rear. My Leopard 2A6 (my largest tank) fits in it okay. I use some pieces of foam padding to keep the tanks from moving around in the toolbox and the transmitter will be able to be fitted in there also. Both Lowes and Home Depot carry these toolboxes. Under the Dewalt & Stanley brand the color of the lid gasket is yellow and under the Craftsman brand the lid gasket is red. All of these have the last five-digit manufacturer model number of 28001 and retail around $50.00 depending whom you purchase from. Also, these toolboxes are stackable which saves room when storing all your tanks.
          https://www.stanleytools.com/product...l-foam-toolbox

Comment

Do the larger tanks, Challenger, Leo, T-90 fit in them? What are the inside dimensions?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Transport_Storage box.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	377955
              Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              Do the larger tanks, Challenger, Leo, T-90 fit in them? What are the inside dimensions?
              My two largest tanks, Leopard 2A6 and T-90, do fit inside this toolbox. For inside dimensions, click on the URL link in my previous post number 5
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks cmdrcody, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
                X