X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhomboid

Hello everyone! I am interested to know if anyone has insight or experience with Hooben’s WWI British Mark IV male tank.. I am almost ready to pull the trigger but checking with the Masters!

RC Tanks - Hooben 1/16 Mark IV Male Kit - Looks like Clark missed out on another of his creations. Hooben just posted on the local WeChat groups their soon-to-be released Mark IV Male kit. As they say in show biz... stay tuned!
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Pretty funny thread! Lol! I understand there is an issue with Hooben in general..

Comment

Here is an amazing build from the RC tankwarfare site- https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/foru...ic.php?t=34343

He won The Tank Of The Month over there-
        Hi folks, I'm back :wave: Sorry, you don't get rid of me that easily. As always, we look forward to seeing what modelling delights each month reveals. Please fe

Comment

Hmm, well……
          Hooben has a bad reputation from various models over many years for various issues.

I own two expensive hooben 1/16 tanks. I have had issues with both because they are mostly 3d printed hand made models. Hooben more or less did everything I requested of them for customer support. I don’t baby my tanks. I drive them, and they break, and hooben helped me. I communicate with a specific employee there through their Facebook page called Lillian twin horse. It’s not her name, it’s a DBA actually.
          They typically are months behind in releasing a model beyond their posted date. But if they have it in stock you’re pretty safe.
          Their models have been hit and miss with every one being totally different design and fabrication than the others.
          the fury Sherman for example is great looking but the chassis is junk and will wear out fast. I moved the top over to a tamiya chassis.
          my Merkava and leopard 1a5 are quite nice models. The WWI markIV male is totally difficult though.
          RC tank parts and accessories I make
          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Generally Hooben isn't the greatest company to buy from, but it seems with this one Hooben seems to have made a decent tank according to the reviews. It still has some minor issues, but in general it's rated above Hooben's normal quality.

Comment

Ok I am on the fence again! Lol

Comment

Pro: there's no suspension to wear out. Con: looks like you need to attach each rivet yourself. Maybe some soldering also. Good job for a cold winter! It's such a unique subject that typical criticisms may not apply. I don't see anyone IR battling with it, that's for sure.
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                X