X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long Abrams 1/16 TK 7.0 sound

Hi, I bought Heng Long Abrams 1/16 TK 7.0 a month ago. The gas turbine sound is not working for me. I complained to the dealer but was told that the manufacturer no longer puts this sound on the module. I have a TK7.0 module. I can only switch two sounds, diesel and turbodiesel
    Could someone confirm this for me or is the seller just trying to brush me off the table? Thank you Petra​

The Abrams is supposed to have gas turbine sound which is very different sounding from other tank engines. I don't know how bad is HL's implementation. If you do not like it, yes, the options are old diesel and diesel turbo. You may also consider a better loudspeaker than the one comes from HL.

Comment

Sorry, not that I don't like the sound of the turbine, but it doesn't work for me....

Comment

Originally posted by paspap View Post
        Sorry, not that I don't like the sound of the turbine, but it doesn't work for me....
        So the tank doesn't make Any Engine Sound from the Speaker?

Does it make Any Other Sounds from the Speaker?

Comment

That’s not what he’s saying mr chef. While not the best out come it sounds like the newer module no longer has the turbine sound. H-L has made changes over the years.

Comment

There are two 7.0 modules. Each one has two sound sets programmed into it. The older 6.0 had 4 sound sets in it, but the 7.0 is limited to 2 and as far as I know the sounds cannot be swapped out for different ones. The two different modules are listed below. A lot of the sellers don't know the difference between the two modules. Have they discontinued one or the other? Who knows, but at one time there have been two different ones with two different sound sets. I would guess the 7.0 you received is the second one with the T90/Tiger sound set.

(Leopard 2A6/M1A2 Sounds)

(Russian T90 and Tiger I sounds)

The major vendors of these tanks should be feeding this issue back to Heng Long as it causes issues after the sale to the vendor. Heng Long is the issue, not the vendor. The vendor doesn't open each one up and verify the sound set before sending it. They are relying on Heng Long to include the right module and in a bunch of cases, they are not or making changes without telling the customers. I don't have this issue as most of my HL control boards are pulled out of the tank as soon as I get it and replaced with an aftermarket board.

My best advice is to find another person on this forum that wants to swap your T90/Tiger control boards for a Leo/Abrams board.

Comment

A month ago, I was considering ordering a Heng Long TK-7.0 radio set for use with the Tongde M60A1. I asked one of the Toucan sellers for a price quote who asked me whether I wanted the Abrams sound or the Tiger sound main board. I said whichever is cheaper. Toucan said they are priced the same. I know not all the HL seller asks this kind of question, but some do.

It is highly unusual that Heng Long put a Tiger sound mainboard in an Abrams tank, but it can happen. If the seller will not correct this factory error for you by sending you a gas turbine sound main board, you should return the tank to the seller and buy somewhere else.

Comment

Yes, it is as you write. In the tank I have the second module that belongs to the Russian T90/German Tiger I
                Now I'm waiting to see how the seller Motionrc.eu will deal with it​

Comment

FYI, I just purchased the upgrade edition Abrams from MRC, their listing for the tank notes that it no longer comes with the turbine sound, but mine did, pleasantly surprised, but Toucan does have the TK 7.0 with the turbine available they said.

Comment

They may have put that to cover themselves. If someone gets the abrams sound it's a win but if they don't, then that's just what the listing said.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_19 View Post
                      They may have put that to cover themselves. If someone gets the abrams sound it's a win but if they don't, then that's just what the listing said.
                      I was prepared to just buy the correct one, now i can spend it on a bearing transmission ")

Comment

Working...
                      X