You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rc 130~ dollar tank not firing after spray paint job.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rc 130~ dollar tank not firing after spray paint job.

So after a while of owning a cheap Rc tiger 1 tank, I decided it needed to be weathered and painted. I presumed the Easy way to get the main color was spray paint. So I unscrewed the tank and sealed up and holes were spray paint could get in the tank. However I did not think it would manage to keep the gun from firing. Anyone have any ideas to fix it? You should be able to see my previous forums to learn more about it.

I have fired it a few times, the first time no ammunition came out, second, and third time rounds came out gimpy, now it’s not firing again. I have come to the conclusion it needs to be lubed, and un-jammed. Anyone have advice for fixing the jam?

Comment

Until you tell people what brand and model of tank do you have, it is impossible to help. A picture or two of the tank may help too.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
        Until you tell people what brand and model of tank do you have, it is impossible to help. A picture or two of the tank may help too.
        It’s a sudpex 1:18 scale Rc tiger 1. https://www.amazon.com/Supdex-RC-Tan...s%2C410&sr=8-7

Comment

Originally posted by Quakinking1 View Post

It’s a sudpex 1:18 scale Rc tiger 1. https://www.amazon.com/Supdex-RC-Tan...s%2C410&sr=8-7
          This "Tiger 1" does not look like a Tiger 1 in shape. It sounds that it never worked properly. You may need to speed a little more for a hobby grade RC model.

Comment

So far, I have fixed the jam. I’m just having trouble reassembling the gun. I know how it goes together the spring is just being difficult. After I’m done with my breakfast I will upload pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Quakinking1 View Post
              So far, I have fixed the jam. I’m just having trouble reassembling the gun. I know how it goes together the spring is just being difficult. After I’m done with my breakfast I will upload pictures.
              Although the gears do make a scraping like noise.

Comment

The problem I’m having is once I get everything together, I can’t slide in the base plates for the barrel, close enough to hold tight to the firing mechanism, any suggestions. Also this is my first tank so excuse the bad paint job. One more thing, any suggestions on how to reconnect motor wires without soldering, or sautering?
                Attached Files

Comment

This is what I mean by it not going together, I don’t know if I need to force the barrel in, or unscrew it and slide it together.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X