X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry Tanker - Where do I start?

I've just dove into the pleasures of R/C Tanking. I picked up a used HL leopard on eBay and I'm awaiting the delivery of a "new" unpainted Torro T34 OB. I'm hoping that RC Tanking will help my need to build, repair and destroy. I built my 1st Harley out of a pick-up load of parts ~35 years ago. I'm unable to ride, drive or build anywhere close to my glory years. I have so many questions and I'll do my best properly route them: painting, preventative maintenance, tools, work stands, and most important, fun with new friends. Please be patient with my newbie status and in the future I hope to become a cohort in crime or a force to be reckoned with. "...and under which flag do you prefer to do battle?"⚔

Welcome!

I was just realizing my journey into the world of RC tanks began about a year ago. I'm glad to hear you are starting with the Heng Long and Torro brands. There's a lot of info here if you browse, and there's some great photos in the gallery thread as well.

Are you going to be doing IR battle? Are you looking forward to shooting airsoft? Detailing and weathering, accessorizing the tanks?

I'm still working on getting friends set up with tanks so we can IR battle. The more on the battlefield, the better the game becomes. My daughter and I enjoy detailing and accessorizing together, and we're still working on getting IR battling going. I've got a buddy at work with some tanks he works on from time to time, however we'll be camping in a week or so and bringing tanks with us for battling at the beach. The LegoDEI receivers are a must for IR! I held off for too long on getting those.

Clay

Comment

Well welcome from an escapee of Maryland. :) I always wanted a Harley and then when I started riding I never road a cruiser type motorcycle. I've ridden a Kawasaki Ninja 250 anda Suzuki SV650S as a track bike. I'm actually in the process of letting my last motorcycle go - a 2008 Honda VFR800 interceptor. Being in Maryland there are battles in Danville, VA which would still be quite a decent trip, but much less than traveling there from Austin, TX.

Comment

Working...
      X